Keyword

error when using the plugin SEO Simple

• dirk80
  • dirk80's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #71782 by dirk80
Hey!

Today I installed K2. I have set up a category and wanted to add an articel. But I get always this error message:

Fatal error: Class ‘JSite’ not found in /var/www/virtual/mywebsite.de/htdocs/plugins/system/SEOSimple.php on line 153

It looks like K2 clashes with the Plugin SEO Simple (www.daobydesign.com/blog/seosimple-joomla-15-plugin/) which I am using already for some month now.

Has anybody an idea what went wrong?
Thx.
Dirk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #71783 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic error when using the plugin SEO Simple
Hi. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of K2. Similar issues have been posted in the past and have been fixed. So upgrading will probably resolve your problem.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• dirk80
More
15 years 4 weeks ago #71784 by dirk80
Replied by dirk80 on topic error when using the plugin SEO Simple
I am using K2 2.0 release date August 6th. Is there a newer release available somewhere?

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #71785 by emiliano doni
Replied by emiliano doni on topic error when using the plugin SEO Simple
i have the same problem, the problem is in joomla CP

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71786 by John Comeskey
Replied by John Comeskey on topic error when using the plugin SEO Simple
Emiliano said:i have the same problem, the problem is in joomla CP

The Joomla Control Panel? Please explain.

• dirk80
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71787 by dirk80
I have the problem only in the backend. From the frontend I am able to submit new articles.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71788 by Lefteris
Hi. Similar issues have been posted and have been already solved. You can read more here. So please make sure you are using the latest version of K2. If you do then we have to do more research on this to find out what is causing this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• dirk80
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71789 by dirk80
I have seen the thread but it is not solved. The solution was to uninstall seo simple. But I can't uninstall it. I just wanted to start with k2 but k2 is making the error and not seo simple.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Similar issues have been posted and have been already solved. You can read more here. So please make sure you are using the latest version of K2. If you do then we have to do more research on this to find out what is causing this.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71790 by Lefteris
Hi. Well it appears that is a SEO Simple bug. This is a system plugin but it triggers on the "onPrepareContent" event which normally is used by content plugins. To be more accurate K2 imports only the content plugins it needs ( SIG and AllVideos ) and then triggers the "onPrepareContent" event. The reason that SEO Simple is executed is because it is a system plugin ( always running ) and it uses a content event ("onPrepareContent" event should only be used by content plugins). The fix is quite easy and it can be done by adding a simple check in the plugin so it doesn't executed on admin sections. K2 cannot do nothing to avoid this. It is definitely a plugin issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• dirk80
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71791 by dirk80
Thank you very much for your help. I will contact the developer of SEO Simple again.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Well it appears that is a SEO Simple bug. This is a system plugin but it triggers on the "onPrepareContent" event which normally is used by content plugins. To be more accurate K2 imports only the content plugins it needs ( SIG and AllVideos ) and then triggers the "onPrepareContent" event. The reason that SEO Simple is executed is because it is a system plugin ( always running ) and it uses a content event ("onPrepareContent" event should only be used by content plugins). The fix is quite easy and it can be done by adding a simple check in the plugin so it doesn't executed on admin sections. K2 cannot do nothing to avoid this. It is definitely a plugin issue.