Keyword

K2 Content Module Style - CSS Changes

• Bryan Smith
  • Bryan Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71960 by Bryan Smith
K2 Content Module Style - CSS Changes was created by Bryan Smith
What is the best technique for creating different styling for k2 content module.
I understand how to use the templates, but this doesn't accommodate CSS, as far as I can tell.

Can someone clue me in here.

To start I want a K2 content that has no k2 styling. Looking for the cleanest way to accomplish this.

Just start me in the right direction here. Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bryan Smith
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71961 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic K2 Content Module Style - CSS Changes
any other routes.

I want most of the styling provided by K2, just want to override (remove) in one module.

Solutions Expert said:disable css styles in parameters... then create your own styles for each part

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71962 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic K2 Content Module Style - CSS Changes
Maybe you can add a suffix to the module so you can add or change styling without changing the default CDs

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71963 by Manny Santos
Maybe you can add a suffix to the module so you can add or change styling without changing the default CSs

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71964 by Manny Santos
Maybe you can add a suffix to the module so you can add or change styling without changing the default CSs

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71965 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic K2 Content Module Style - CSS Changes
U can use subtemplate feature at K2content module. At your server go to modules->K2content->tmpl, and you have folder called default. Now duplicate and rename that folder.

If you go now to any K2content module at the backend you will find a dropdown at the top right who lets you chose any subtemplate. You will find ther your new subtemplate(folder you duplicate before).

So now, what you should do its modify file default.php inside your new subtemplate folder, the style.css fo the K2 component( components->com_K2->css->style.css) and maybe the css file at your template folder to fit your needs.

Really play a bit with it, its amazing what you can do with this feature. Diferent layouts for each K2 module on your site, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also combined with any suffix class module feature of joomla bring you a very powerfull tool.

Rgds

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Bryan Smith
  • Premium Member
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71966 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic K2 Content Module Style - CSS Changes
Thanks Olsen,

I get the tmpl folder part, but are you copying a css into that folder too? And then making a call to it from default.php

Or are you just using the suffix module. I'm a little grey on using suffix module to the fullest. know of any good explainations on it?

thanks

olsen said:U can use subtemplate feature at K2content module. At your server go to modules->K2content->tmpl, and you have folder called default. Now duplicate and rename that folder.
If you go now to any K2content module at the backend you will find a dropdown at the top right who lets you chose any subtemplate. You will find ther your new subtemplate(folder you duplicate before).

So now, what you should do its modify file default.php inside your new subtemplate folder, the style.css fo the K2 component( components->com_K2->css->style.css) and maybe the css file at your template folder to fit your needs.

Really play a bit with it, its amazing what you can do with this feature. Diferent layouts for each K2 module on your site, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also combined with any suffix class module feature of joomla bring you a very powerfull tool.

Rgds

More
14 years 2 months ago #71967 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic K2 Content Module Style - CSS Changes

Yes......but, then you change style for content module in another position. Say that you have copied content module and now have two active.

How to style CSS completely independently ???!!

More
14 years 2 months ago #71968 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic K2 Content Module Style - CSS Changes
I did get that part with override and puting k2.css in template css folder. But then whole K2 get those changes, not only content module. Still confusing about all that. Documentation and info are not so good.

More
14 years 2 months ago #71969 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Content Module Style - CSS Changes
Read this simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating
and this simon.getk2.org/downloads/free-extensions/item/26-css-4-k2
Then try to do the same thing except instead of using templates/html/com_k2/YourOverrideName and style_yourname
use templates/mod_K2_content/YourOverrideName and it will show up in the Module Paramaters. Making changes here will not affect anything except that module