Keyword

blog calendar doesn't pull from children categories

• andrew sobol
  • andrew sobol's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #74309 by andrew sobol
Anyone experiencing this? Did I miss something obvious?

the calendar has no links on it when it's set to pull from the main category, when it's set to pull from the child category, it does link the dates to posts ... any ideas?

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #74310 by fjesteban
I think the calendar only get items from the category itself you select, not including her children.

I've modified the code to change this behaviour. It's accomplished by altering the SQL query generated for the task 'calendar' in the itemlist model file

I can contribute this changes if the author consider it interesting.

More
14 years 8 months ago #74311 by Lefteris
Hi. Indeed the calendar doesn't fetch items from children categories. But this is not a bug. This is how it was designed to work.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #74312 by fjesteban
I agree: this is not a bug but a design decission.

Anyway, it's very easy to add a parameter to the tool and change the model file so the user can choose the behaviour of his/her interest. My offer was in this way.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Indeed the calendar doesn't fetch items from children categories. But this is not a bug. This is how it was designed to work.

More
14 years 5 months ago #74313 by Juan Pablo Campa
Replied by Juan Pablo Campa on topic blog calendar doesn't pull from children categories
Hola Francisco José, he visto tus respuestas y agradecería tu ayuda. Estoy desarrollando una web en la que quiero mostrar en el calendario diferentes categorías hijas de una categoría principal. Como tu comentas mas arriba has llegado a hacerlo. No soy ningún experto en PHP ni MySql pero te agradecería que arrojaras algo de luz sobre mi problema. Mi correo de empresa es This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Un saludo y gracias de antemano.

Francisco José Esteban Risueño said:I agree: this is not a bug but a design decission.Anyway, it's very easy to add a parameter to the tool and change the model file so the user can choose the behaviour of his/her interest. My offer was in this way.Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Indeed the calendar doesn't fetch items from children categories. But this is not a bug. This is how it was designed to work.

More
14 years 4 months ago #74314 by fjesteban
Hi Juan Pablo:

Thanks for you interest. I answer to you in English, so others can read it.

I've generated a modified version of this great tool that accomplish this task and some others:

- Fix the bug that prevent deleting attachments from the front-end item editor.
- Add an component view that show a category as a list of linkable tittle/attachment grouped by subcategory (I call it "Press dossier"). I've also modified the calendar module with a parameter that choose to show a day/month in this way.
- Add a "Save & New" button to the front-end item editor

I'm also planning a modified calendar module with two new links in order to forward/rewind a whole year at a time.

I'll send to you the modified files tomorrow (I'm not at work now). Once again if the author or someone else is interested in this development, I can contribute it.

Juan Pablo Campa said:Hola Francisco José, he visto tus respuestas y agradecería tu ayuda. Estoy desarrollando una web en la que quiero mostrar en el calendario diferentes categorías hijas de una categoría principal. Como tu comentas mas arriba has llegado a hacerlo. No soy ningún experto en PHP ni MySql pero te agradecería que arrojaras algo de luz sobre mi problema. Mi correo de empresa es This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Un saludo y gracias de antemano.

Francisco José Esteban Risueño said:I agree: this is not a bug but a design decission.Anyway, it's very easy to add a parameter to the tool and change the model file so the user can choose the behaviour of his/her interest. My offer was in this way.Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Indeed the calendar doesn't fetch items from children categories. But this is not a bug. This is how it was designed to work.

More
14 years 4 months ago #74315 by Juan Pablo Campa
Replied by Juan Pablo Campa on topic blog calendar doesn't pull from children categories
Ok, thank you very much for your answer, and sorry for posting in spanish.

Thanks.

More
14 years 4 months ago #74316 by litogeno
Hi Francisco
I would be very interesting in the modified files of your calendar. congratulations for your job.
Thanks

More
14 years 4 months ago #74317 by fjesteban
I've just upload the mod to my university site, so you (and anyone who's interested) can get it. Feel free to download at:

consigna.uco.es/shared/b52d8dc3-6049-46fc-823a-e9b8b00dd104

Note for the author: If this redistribution is not acceptable for you, let me know and I'll suspend it inmediately

litogeno said:Hi Francisco I would be very interesting in the modified files of your calendar. congratulations for your job. Thanks

More
14 years 4 months ago #74318 by litogeno
Thanks again...