Keyword

Front-end editor without lightbox ?

• Priniotakis
  • Priniotakis's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #74625 by Priniotakis
Front-end editor without lightbox ? was created by Priniotakis
Hello,

Can someone point me out how to patch k2 in order to have the front-end article editor into the joomla environment - just like it appears traditionally in Joomla and not the lightboxed window ?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #74626 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Front-end editor without lightbox ?
The editor window will not fit any Joomla! template. You need to mess with the views of some of the templates to do that, but we don't recommend so.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #74627 by bkemler
Replied by bkemler on topic Front-end editor without lightbox ?
Can you tell us how to monkey with it to have it work without being in a template or a lightbox? Just with tmpl=component in the URL?

My client tried to edit items for the first time today and she couldn't get her browser to scroll up to the save button and she ended up losing all the changes she'd made.

JoomlaWorks said:The editor window will not fit any Joomla! template. You need to mess with the views of some of the templates to do that, but we don't recommend so.

• Christina Cherry
More
14 years 7 months ago #74628 by Christina Cherry
Replied by Christina Cherry on topic Front-end editor without lightbox ?
I have the same issue and would like to make the lightbox smaller

B Kemler said:Can you tell us how to monkey with it to have it work without being in a template or a lightbox? Just with tmpl=component in the URL?
My client tried to edit items for the first time today and she couldn't get her browser to scroll up to the save button and she ended up losing all the changes she'd made.

JoomlaWorks said:The editor window will not fit any Joomla! template. You need to mess with the views of some of the templates to do that, but we don't recommend so.

More
14 years 7 months ago #74629 by k2k2k2
Replied by k2k2k2 on topic Front-end editor without lightbox ?
I have the same issue and for all of 99.9% of the power and functionality that K2 brings me, this editor window might stop me from using k2..crazy

• Christina Cherry
More
14 years 7 months ago #74630 by Christina Cherry
Try this fix - worked for me

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/frontpage-edit-window-size

Change the code in item.php to the dimensions mentioned in the article and bobs your uncle!

More
14 years 5 months ago #74631 by DKcrm
Replied by DKcrm on topic Front-end editor without lightbox ?
Well, I don't mind the lightboxed version, but it seems to be re-loading the whole page instead of just loading the editor... Is this a common issue, and does somebody know a way to fix it?

More
14 years 5 months ago #74632 by France Confréries
Replied by France Confréries on topic Front-end editor without lightbox ?
+1000 !
i have to put my browser in full screen to see all :-(
why not putting this as parameter ? (lightbox/inline or even popup)
regards

• Christina Cherry
More
14 years 5 months ago #74633 by Christina Cherry
Maybe in response to so many people having so much trouble with it the developers could rethink "the box" and just have it in a normal browser window? It just seems to me that with so many different themes and set ups the modal box is guaranteed to conflict with something!

More
13 years 11 months ago #74634 by Andrew Trenholm
Replied by Andrew Trenholm on topic Front-end editor without lightbox ?
I think k2 is the best tool ever! It was the easiest to use and I am a newbie to joomla or any CMS.

So far I agree with what Christina Cherry said and would love to have the option to switch between (the current) light box and a standard front end editor in case our clients/templates/browsers don't like the lightbox.
I was able to change things a bit by making a menu item using the "Wrapper" and put the editor in that frame for authors posting new front end articles but the "edit item" still comes up like a lightbox.

Christina Cherry said:Maybe in response to so many people having so much trouble with it the developers could rethink "the box" and just have it in a normal browser window? It just seems to me that with so many different themes and set ups the modal box is guaranteed to conflict with something!