Keyword

How to eliminate the large empty space under "view items" in Category view?

• that library
  • that library's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77667 by that library
I'm trying to eliminate the large empty space after the categories underneath "View Items" It is taking up all kinds of real estate on my Library page. Can someone let me know which file to modify and where within it to modify?I have tried to change the margin/padding in category.php in both the regular location and also within the template that I have created for my Library.Thanks in advance ~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77668 by Chris Yates
Carolyn,

It's just a guess but encountered a similar problem using the k2_content module.

If you take a look at the .php file controlling the layout of this list, you may well find one or morestatements floating loose so to speak. Should they exist then each should be included with the above corresponding if statements.
If you can't find the file yourself, I'll take a look tomorrow.

CHRIS

More
14 years 8 months ago #77669 by piperchick
I just looked at your site in Firebug and it looks like you have hard-coded a height for the divclass=subCategory to 396px px.

< div class="subCategory" style="height: 396px;" >
Change to 100%. You will also want to add a bit of padding back in there to separate from the following article.

I am not very savvy with FireBug, so I am not sure where that 396px is coming from.

• that library
More
14 years 8 months ago #77670 by that library
Thanks you all for replying, I appreciate you looking at it. I see that in Firebug as well, but when I look at k2.css and style.css I don't see anywhere that the height is delineated for subCategory? I must be looking at the wrong files. I cannot for the life of me figure out where that 396px is!!!

I even added "height:100%;" to line 298 of k2.css so it now is:
div.subCategoryContainer {float:left;height:100%;}

and the same to style.css line 293, so now it is:
div.subCategoryContainer {float:left;height:100%}

yet it looks exactly the same ... the weird thing is that before the page is loaded completely, the categories look well-spaced (as in, not the huge gap between them), but then at the last minute, as the page completes loading, whammo, bammo! They all space out again. Moucho frustrado!

If any code wizard, techno mages can help me figure out which file the "< div class="subCategory" style="height: 396px;" >" is located in, I will be eternally grateful!

• that library
More
14 years 4 months ago #77671 by that library
Do any of the developers have any idea where (as in what file) the "< div class="subCategory" style="height: 396px;" >" might be hard-coded? This is what shows up in Firebug, but it doesn't specify the files where in this is hard-coded...
So far, I have looked in k2.css, style.css and both have been changed to add the "float:left;height:100%" within the curly-brackets (as mentioned above)... so they match. There is nothing in the k2.php, view.raw.php, generic.php, view.html.php (can you tell I'm looking everywhere I can think of?) and I see nothing, Nothing that delineates "< div class="subCategory" style="height: 396px;" >" ....
Are there any other files that I should edit or look at?

And what gives with the loading perfectly, beautifully and then at the last minute adding all this ugly white space between categories? This is really, really bugging me and others don't seem to have this problem. I do not have any special, extra template - I'm just using the standard K2 template...

More
14 years 4 months ago #77672 by william white
try looking in your template_css.css file

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 4 months ago #77673 by Yiota
On k2.css find the class subCategory and add height:auto!important;

You could also open the category.php of your template override (in templates/yourTemplate/html/com_k2/default/category.php) and where it says div class="subCategory" check if there is a style for the height on this element. If you don't have a template override this is not recommended, because on an upgrade you will loose all changes.

More
14 years 4 months ago #77674 by zelda
Hi,
First, you have a got a JS error (Firebug Console), probably coming from a conflict between jQuery and Mootools, ie you've installed an extension using jQuery when K2 relies heavily on mootools.
And those 2 don't get too well together even though there are workarounds.
Second, this
< div class="subCategory" style="height: 396px;" > is coming from a K2 JS script (Moo based) conflicting with a jQuery script and thus not working.
See ---- > Line 92 in k2.js in com_k2/js

You should deactivate one by one your extensions (at least those with jQuery) to find where the pb lies.

More
14 years 4 months ago #77675 by william white
Thanks for chimin in with the correct file. I do really like the idea of pulling each card out of the computer until it boots! {it works for joomla as well}

zelda said:Hi, First, you have a got a JS error (Firebug Console), probably coming from a conflict between jQuery and Mootools, ie you've installed an extension using jQuery when K2 relies heavily on mootools.
And those 2 don't get too well together even though there are workarounds.
Second, this
< div class="subCategory" style="height: 396px;" > is coming from a K2 JS script (Moo based) conflicting with a jQuery script and thus not working.
See ---- > Line 92 in k2.js in com_k2/js

You should deactivate one by one your extensions (at least those with jQuery) to find where the pb lies.

• that library
More
14 years 4 months ago #77676 by that library
Thank you Zelda - I don't know how to figure out which plugins use jquery though? Any ideas?