Keyword

How to display "Latest videos" on the frontpage?

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #77926 by Oceanwatcher
Has anyone found a way to display "Latest videos" on the frontpage in a module?Using the content module from K2, you can easily display "Latest news". But not latest videos.What would be nice is a component/module that in the module displayed one video pluss thumbnails/links to 3-5 more. Click on any of them and the article with the video opens.But click on "more videos" should take you to a page with a kind of "gallery" of videos. Almost like a YouTube channel.I know this sounds a bit like a feature request, but it is more an explanation of what I am looking for and a question to you if you know about anything like this :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77927 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic How to display "Latest videos" on the frontpage?
Svein, I am with you 100% here and think it would really enhance the K2 feature package. I am looking at doing something similar but have noticed that the content module does not allow resizing of videos from the base dimensions within the allvideos plugin which makes loading a page full of vids problematic.

anyone else done this anywhere?

More
14 years 3 months ago #77928 by FeSys
Hi..
Try to use the k2 latest items menu..
This will show your Video with fixed sizes.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77929 by Nick
mod_k2_content. Enable the video. Sort Latest. Then you got to do some nice resizing.

More
14 years 1 month ago #77930 by Ashfaq Rahman
Replied by Ashfaq Rahman on topic How to display "Latest videos" on the frontpage?
I need this very much, Can Anyone help me plz ? I need to show only videos in a module . But K2 don't give an opportunity to re-size it like category page. Is there any way to re-size ?? I really didn't understand what Follo and Nick said . Can you guyz describe a little more ? Plz help me

Thanks

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #77931 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic How to display "Latest videos" on the frontpage?
I think the best way might be to make a template override for this module. Have not had time to try it out yet, but that is where I would start.

ashfaqur rahman said:I need this very much, Can Anyone help me plz ? I need to show only videos in a module . But K2 don't give an opportunity to re-size it like category page. Is there any way to re-size ?? I really didn't understand what Follo and Nick said . Can you guyz describe a little more ? Plz help me
Thanks

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #77932 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic How to display "Latest videos" on the frontpage?
For anyone else checking this thread:

In v.2.3 og K2, you now have the possibility to set a module to show the latest video. You might get a bit of a challenge to edit sizes, but it should be doable. Either by using an override for the module, or by using a class suffix to point to a different part of the css.

I have not had time to try it too much yet, but will get back to it as soon as I have. There are a couple of projects coming up soon where I will need it, so I will have to look into it.

More
14 years 1 month ago #77933 by Ashfaq Rahman
Replied by Ashfaq Rahman on topic How to display "Latest videos" on the frontpage?
I have tried this but there is no resizing opportunity in the code. I have also looked at helper class too. Not much knowledge about php but I can't find any option. Can you describe a little ? That can be very helpful for me

Thanks

Svein Wisnaes said:I think the best way might be to make a template override for this module. Have not had time to try it out yet, but that is where I would start.
ashfaqur rahman said:I need this very much, Can Anyone help me plz ? I need to show only videos in a module . But K2 don't give an opportunity to re-size it like category page. Is there any way to re-size ?? I really didn't understand what Follo and Nick said . Can you guyz describe a little more ? Plz help me Thanks

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #77934 by Oceanwatcher
Sorry, I am totally swamped in work right now, but I will update this post when I have had time to look at it.

ashfaqur rahman said:I have tried this but there is no resizing opportunity in the code. I have also looked at helper class too. Not much knowledge about php but I can't find any option. Can you describe a little ? That can be very helpful for me
Thanks

Svein Wisnaes said:I think the best way might be to make a template override for this module. Have not had time to try it out yet, but that is where I would start. ashfaqur rahman said:I need this very much, Can Anyone help me plz ? I need to show only videos in a module . But K2 don't give an opportunity to re-size it like category page. Is there any way to re-size ?? I really didn't understand what Follo and Nick said . Can you guyz describe a little more ? Plz help me Thanks

More
14 years 1 month ago #77935 by Ashfaq Rahman
Thanks Dude got it. Actually Got your replay little later after I post. maybe we r typing at the same time :)

Thanks for the help