Keyword

What templates for K2

• JustMe
  • JustMe's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79790 by JustMe
What templates for K2 was created by JustMe
What templates should I look at when using K2 as of now it seems it will not work in the default ones without problems when members use IE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79791 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic What templates for K2
It works in any Joomla template, but certain templates work better than others.

The basic one I am using on my sites isn't yet perfect but is social functional and functions within multiple website templates. I think the issues with CSS arise due primarily to photo sizes and width constraints. If you're interested, I can provide one of the templates for download. You can check it here.

www.dirtforge.com/

More
14 years 6 months ago #79792 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic What templates for K2
As a starting point, use the JoomlArt JA Purity 2.

K2 will work with any 1.5 Joomla template.
The limitation is how you set up K2.

I dont know what your skill level, but if you can work with joomla, then k2 is no trouble.

K2Joom has started testing some of the premium and free templates that support K2, pop over to K2Joom.com and look the the docs section for help.

The support is here.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79793 by johnlanglois
Replied by johnlanglois on topic What templates for K2
K2 comes pre-loaded in some of the Rocket Themes.

• JustMe
More
14 years 6 months ago #79794 by JustMe
Replied by JustMe on topic What templates for K2
Yes I would really be interested because at this stage I have hit a problem with the default template and IE, thanks for offering. This is the problem I am having and I am getting no response on my post at all community.getk2.org/forum/topics/menus-not-displaying-correctly

FidelGonzales said:It works in any Joomla template, but certain templates work better than others. The basic one I am using on my sites isn't yet perfect but is social functional and functions within multiple website templates. I think the issues with CSS arise due primarily to photo sizes and width constraints. If you're interested, I can provide one of the templates for download. You can check it here.

www.dirtforge.com/

• JustMe
More
14 years 6 months ago #79795 by JustMe
I just had a look at this site, very nice themes but you need to pay for them. Now I am not against paying for them as I normally do make sure I give back by either donating or purchasing upgraded mods I am using when I have completed my projects. However at this stage I am a bit hesitant to put money out only to find I ma sitting in the same situation as I am now without any support

John Langlois said:K2 comes pre-loaded in some of the Rocket Themes.

• JustMe
More
14 years 6 months ago #79796 by JustMe
Thanks I will give this one a go. I have done a lot of work using SMF and Wordpress to date. This is my first project with Joomla and I am not enjoying it one bit as of now lol

K2Joom said:As a starting point, use the JoomlArt JA Purity 2. K2 will work with any 1.5 Joomla template.

I dont know what your skill level, but if you can work with joomla, then k2 is no trouble.

K2Joom has started testing some of the premium and free templates that support K2, pop over to K2Joom.com and look the the docs section for help.

The support is here.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79797 by FidelGonzales
Replied by FidelGonzales on topic What templates for K2
Yes. It's a different animal that has more of a learning curve than Wordpress or SMF. But once you realize how it works, how to work it and become comfortable with it, it can be a highly extensible, highly configurable, rapid deployment machine.

• JustMe
More
14 years 6 months ago #79798 by JustMe
Well I was very happy with what it gave me up until now that I hit this problem and cannot seem to find a solution to it. However I will spend another day seeing if I can resolve it and then I will have to move on

FidelGonzales said:Yes. It's a different animal that has more of a learning curve than Wordpress or SMF. But once you realize how it works, how to work it and become comfortable with it, it can be a highly extensible, highly configurable, rapid deployment machine.

• JustMe
More
14 years 6 months ago #79799 by JustMe
I have just downloaded it and it look very nice but did not solve my issue. I think I am going to install a new install of Joomla and start one step at a time to see where my issue is coming in.

K2Joom said:As a starting point, use the JoomlArt JA Purity 2.
K2 will work with any 1.5 Joomla template.

The support is here.