Keyword

Sort, group and search by extra fields

• Popov Sergey
  • Popov Sergey's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #80051 by Popov Sergey
Sort, group and search by extra fields was created by Popov Sergey
How can I may sort and group items by one of extra field? Now such possibility is not present.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80052 by Simon Olsen
Replied by Simon Olsen on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
I think Sergey wants what I want!

I have Category A, Item 1, 2 and 3, as well as Category 2, Item 4, 5 and 6.

Items 2 and 5 have an Extra Field of X (whether that be a drop down or radio button, it must be either X or Y).

I want to be able to bring up a list of everything in X (currently Item 2 and Item 5) and order them according to X.

I also want to be able to create a Menu Item to display everything in Extra Field X.

Can anyone do this for us?

More
14 years 6 months ago #80053 by Steve Tustin
Replied by Steve Tustin on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
+1 for this. It would be great to be able to display a table of results, using extra fields as columns, which are then sortable.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80054 by Ilja Höltke
Replied by Ilja Höltke on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
Hello there,
the subject "community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-extra-fields-filter-and?id=3536014%3ATopic%3A28068&page=8#comments" seems to have a similar meaning.
A searchable extra fields option would be really great! Who can do this for me, too?

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #80055 by Jana Fedele
Replied by Jana Fedele on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
seriously? You put in all these fields and you can't use them to make pages sorted by the fields?
What is the point?
What good is K2 you can't USE the dang data???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #80056 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
K2 sorts by several things just like Joomla....it uses most recent, alph by title, oldest first, etc etc when you pick sort orders. Extra fields are for adding all sorts of additonal info like Address, City, State, and when the title is say Last, First and you sort it by title alph you may get a pretty good listing. Things are also sorta sorted..by categories and subcategories and have an order under each - but you are correct, exta fields are not used in the sort as far as i have seen

Jana Fedele said:seriously? You put in all these fields and you can't use them to make pages sorted by the fields? What is the point?
What good is K2 you can't USE the dang data???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #80057 by Jana Fedele
Replied by Jana Fedele on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
Thanks for the confirmation that I have just wasted a day or two.
Now, if I could only find the plug-in to do what I want!

William White said:K2 sorts by several things just like Joomla....it uses most recent, alph by title, oldest first, etc etc when you pick sort orders. Extra fields are for adding all sorts of additonal info like Address, City, State, and when the title is say Last, First and you sort it by title alph you may get a pretty good listing. Things are also sorta sorted..by categories and subcategories and have an order under each - but you are correct, exta fields are not used in the sort as far as i have seen
Jana Fedele said:seriously? You put in all these fields and you can't use them to make pages sorted by the fields? What is the point? What good is K2 you can't USE the dang data???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

More
13 years 7 months ago #80058 by K2learner
Replied by K2learner on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
This is incredible. I'm beginning to think I've wasted all my time on K2 if this is the best it's got. So if I have hundreds of users create their own registrations in front end, and they enter all their own data, but I can't sort them by any of these fields??? I can't believe it.

More
13 years 7 months ago #80059 by K2learner
Replied by K2learner on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
If anyone can find a better solution than the one I've settled for, please post it here. What I settled for was to use RSForm! The free version cannot sort by fields, though for €20 the Pro version will filter by field. Anyway, the free version can export to MS Excel where it can be sorted by field. So far that's the best I've got. To admit defeat and merely export to my local machine where I can organize to my heart's content. Anyone got better? Please???

More
13 years 7 months ago #80060 by Steve Tustin
Replied by Steve Tustin on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
Ian,

The best alternative I've used to do this is javascript such as phatfusion.net/projects.html (sorttable).

There are several alternatives for sorting items that you can see at www.noupe.com/css/21-fresh-ajax-css-tables.html