Keyword

Introtext word limit

• jacklib
  • jacklib's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80319 by jacklib
Introtext word limit was created by jacklib
Hi! I'm trying to limit the Introtext in Category Listing of all categories I have from a Menu link to the component Categories but the Introtext limit is not working but it seems to work if I list all items in a single category. Doesn't K2 is using the same template for all categories (category.php)?Anybody tried or fixed this issue?Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80320 by Tvrtko
Replied by Tvrtko on topic Introtext word limit
Hello, I have a similar problem. Were can I limit introtext for multiple category listing that is set from a menu link?
I'm using K2 2.1.

update:
File controlling this feature is category_item.php in com_k2/templates/default (if I'm not mistaken) and the following line of code:

I am wondering why "introtext" variable shows full text of an article.

More
14 years 6 months ago #80321 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Introtext word limit
Hi Tvrtko.

You need to specify, in your parent category, what the intro text limit will be. This can be done under the Item view options in category listings parameters, which is found in the category itself, not the menu.
If you have sub categories, then you can either do the same to them or you can use the inherit function to copy all parameters from the parent.

So, categories can be independent in layout, the can also inherit from parent, you can also apply specific templates to each category.

More information can be found in the documents on the K2Joom.com site.
This works both both 2.1 and 2.2.

Regards,

Simon

More
14 years 6 months ago #80322 by Tvrtko
Replied by Tvrtko on topic Introtext word limit
Dear Simon, thank you for the reply.
The problem is that I have already set intro text limit in category listings parameters.
You can see the data in a file that I have attached.

More
14 years 5 months ago #80323 by Greg Gaskill
Replied by Greg Gaskill on topic Introtext word limit
I have the same problem - have tried setting the parent category intro text limit with no success. Tried the same setting for child categories too - still no luck.

More
14 years 5 months ago #80324 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Introtext word limit
The two categories shown above, are they both top level categories or are they sub categories within another?
If they are actually sub cats, then check the top level category first.

Also, do any of these cats inherit from parameters from another category? or have you got any over rides set in the item itself.
Finally, check the main K2 parameters to see if intro text is enabled, that the icon on the top right side of the k2 dashboard which appears in a lightbox pop up.

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 5 months ago #80325 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Introtext word limit
I'm having the same problem as Adam.

I want my home page (which is a collection of categories) to limit introtext. It works fine if I click the "Category link" at the bottom of any article, but the link from the menu doesn't work for multiple categories.

I have tested with a menu link from a single category and it works fine. I then made a second category and inherited the parameters from the first category and it doesn't work.

Has anybody resolved this?

Adam said:I am having the same problem. On my site www.forexfocusdaily.com I have tried using one category menu item with two categories and it won't limit the intro text. However when I do the two categories as separate menu items they are both limited. How do I fix this so I can do them together so articles from both categories show up on the same page but just intro text?

More
14 years 5 months ago #80326 by Nexus Star
Replied by Nexus Star on topic Introtext word limit
In all my experience Intro text word limit does not work when category listing is on more than one category and category listing is from menu item all other options work although !?
I try everything I could find So here is my settings in category:
Item view options in category listings -> Introtext word limit:50
The second selected category inherit the properties from the first and all categories are primary categories not children

Joomla: 1.5.15
K2 v2.2

More
14 years 3 months ago #80327 by Jens Weidemann
Replied by Jens Weidemann on topic Introtext word limit
I have the same problem. Intro text word limit works for all categories if they are displayed at a single category menu item. When i am try to make a menu item with multiple categories, then the intro text word limit isnt working.

To solve the problem is really important for me :(

Is there a solution for this?

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 3 months ago #80328 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Introtext word limit
IM PRETTY SURE I saw a plugin that did just that. You should look around in the k2 extentions directory.