Keyword

Expandable menu option for the mod_tool

• Linda Cronsten
  • Linda Cronsten's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #80460 by Linda Cronsten
Expandable menu option for the mod_tool was created by Linda Cronsten
I'm in desperate need of a way to make the menu for categories expandable. I have one site with alot of categories and subcategories and I would need a way to make the menu expand. I've tried to make this happen on my own by playing around with some javascript menus, but with no greater success. 
And another nice feature would be if you could  search just one parent category and it's sub.categories. As it is now I have to use so many differerent kind of modules to make all of this work and It would be so nice just to be able to switch to K2 and have it all there. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #80461 by Heislyc
Replied by Heislyc on topic Expandable menu option for the mod_tool
Hi, are you able to solve this? I'm looking for solution too.

• Concerto Designs Inc.
More
13 years 11 months ago #80462 by Concerto Designs Inc.
Replied by Concerto Designs Inc. on topic Expandable menu option for the mod_tool
Hello:
I'm working on a huge K2 corporate site with custom modules for everything - a real juggernaut. One request from the client is to have an expandable 'tree' accordion for archived items å la the twitter blog:
blog.twitter.com/
I've gone through the K2 tools mod, but I don't have enough (i.e. any) php skills to add the item titles as a nested ul inside the month listing li's in the archive.php. If anyone could provide that part, I can handle the javascript and css, no problem. I have already built an accordion widget for all of my sidebar mods (K2, JCalPro, DocMan, mod custom html, whatever).
Thanks in advance -
Alan

More
13 years 11 months ago #80463 by Heislyc
Replied by Heislyc on topic Expandable menu option for the mod_tool
Hi Alan, I've found this community.getk2.org/forum/topics/accordion-categories-menu, I'm going to try it, and I'm not sure if it's useful for you, if you find it working great? Can you tell us back how to really get it done?
Alan Smith said:Hello: I'm working on a huge K2 corporate site with custom modules for everything - a real juggernaut. One request from the client is to have an expandable 'tree' accordion for archived items å la the twitter blog: blog.twitter.com/ I've gone through the K2 tools mod, but I don't have enough (i.e. any) php skills to add the item titles as a nested ul inside the month listing li's in the archive.php. If anyone could provide that part, I can handle the javascript and css, no problem. I have already built an accordion widget for all of my sidebar mods (K2, JCalPro, DocMan, mod custom html, whatever).
Thanks in advance -
Alan

• Concerto Designs Inc.
More
13 years 11 months ago #80464 by Concerto Designs Inc.
Replied by Concerto Designs Inc. on topic Expandable menu option for the mod_tool
Heislyc:
Thanks for the suggestion & link. I really need a way to nest the actual item titles inside the top level archive (Month Year) ul-li's in the archive.php. The call to the categories is set up differently because the db query is straightforward (retrieve cat ids). In the case of the archived items, it would require a query of the date range for each archived month.
I also am leery of adding another JQuery widget to the site - I'm already using JQuery superfish for a dropdown menu, along with a lot of other AJAX widgets. The very nice LOF K2 slideshow, for example, simply breaks down in the site. So the accordion I would implement would have to use Mootools, It's really an issue of event handling - running JQuery in 'no conflict' mode can help sometimes, but not in this case.
If I can get some idea how to output the item tiles (linked) inside the archive month li's, the rest will be relatively easy.
Thanks again!
-Alan

More
13 years 11 months ago #80465 by Nilesh Toshniwal
Replied by Nilesh Toshniwal on topic Expandable menu option for the mod_tool
hi
Try the attached module, but on development site only, 1 problem that I have noticed is, it doesn't work properly with sef urls, though I may work on this module later on but cant say in how much time. May be someone can help me enhancing this module.
Attachments:

• Linda Cronsten
  • Linda Cronsten's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #80466 by Linda Cronsten
Replied by Linda Cronsten on topic Expandable menu option for the mod_tool
I managed to solve it as you can see on the page www.livsmedelssverige.se/hem/utbildningar.html. It's a hack using simple tree menu from dynamic drive. It took quite some time to get it right, but now it works. Not as good as I would like, but sufficient at least. Is this what you were looking for?

/Linda

More
13 years 11 months ago #80467 by Nilesh Toshniwal
Actually I built it for similar kind of requirements as yours and I know you post was too old for my reply, but infact I was just sharing it for Alan, who posted yesterday itself :)

Linda Cronsten said:I managed to solve it as you can see on the page www.livsmedelssverige.se/hem/utbildningar.html. It's a hack using simple tree menu from dynamic drive. It took quite some time to get it right, but now it works. Not as good as I would like, but sufficient at least. Is this what you were looking for?
/Linda

• Concerto Designs Inc.
More
13 years 11 months ago #80468 by Concerto Designs Inc.
Nilesh:
Thank you so much for the mod - it looks really promising. What I actually need, however, is not an expandable tree of categories, but rather an expandable tree of items listed under their month-year date range(s). See the output from the archive option in the k2_mod_tools - that's what I'm trying to build.
Linda:
Your site looks GREAT! I wish had more swedish - I've seen enough Bergman films and read all of Henning Mankell's novels, so I feel like I have been learning swedish by osmosis...
Kind regards,
Alan

More
13 years 11 months ago #80469 by Nilesh Toshniwal
Alan
hope fully I can get time next week to tweak this module in this way, even I had plan to develop archive module too for a huge blog site I am developing, but I submitted the one I had ready with me. will try to get it ready asap. meanwhile keep posted if you find something better. :)

Nilesh

Alan Smith said:Nilesh: Thank you so much for the mod - it looks really promising. What I actually need, however, is not an expandable tree of categories, but rather an expandable tree of items listed under their month-year date range(s). See the output from the archive option in the k2_mod_tools - that's what I'm trying to build.
Linda:
Your site looks GREAT! I wish had more swedish - I've seen enough Bergman films and read all of Henning Mankell's novels, so I feel like I have been learning swedish by osmosis...
Kind regards,
Alan