Keyword

Windows Live Writer Support

• Azhtar
  • Azhtar's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #81134 by Azhtar
Windows Live Writer Support was created by Azhtar
It would be awesome being able to write entries right from Windows Live Writer or any other editor, our redactors staff are used to it and they love it because it simply works well.
Joomla native blogging engine works with it, so why K2 isn't able to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81135 by Kata
Replied by Kata on topic Windows Live Writer Support
Oh yes .. that would be an great addition!
Did anyone managed to do something ?

More
14 years 5 months ago #81136 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Windows Live Writer Support
The reason why it does not work in K2? No one has written a plugin for it.
Will someone write a plugin? All depends on the demand for users of Live Writer that wish to publish to K2.

So far, I think you are the only request for it.

Lets see if we can get some support for you on it.

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 5 months ago #81137 by Kata
Replied by Kata on topic Windows Live Writer Support
There might be another sollution to this, but i did not find an answer yet.
The sollution might be to use Joomla's Categories in K2, instead of using K2's own Categories.
Does anyone have any workaround for this?

More
14 years 4 months ago #81138 by Fawaad Moied
Replied by Fawaad Moied on topic Windows Live Writer Support
I have been looking at off-line blogging tools and Microsoft Windows Live Writer looks to be a favourable candidate for my needs. I was wondering why my posts kept ending up in Joomla articles and not the K2 items list. For me I don't believe the issue is just Live Writer support. For me there is no visibility of the K2 categories using either the Metaweblog API or Moveable Type API. I get the same problem with the Firefox Scribefire extension - so do I need a K2 categories visibility plug-in or am I doing something wrong? in any case I would love to have some solution to this, as I *believe* this is the best way forward for my needs - (or is it?) - I welcome any suggestions to my needs which mainly are:
1. Ability to write blog/content off-line
2. Ability to save all content for backup and revision change control purposes
3. Upload images/video content as part of the posting process - at present have to manage content separately (more work)

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

More
14 years 4 months ago #81139 by Rob McTaggart
Replied by Rob McTaggart on topic Windows Live Writer Support
This would be a very useful addition. Live Writer is easy to use for people familiar only with word processors and the like. If we, the techminded, create a useful site with K2, then having Live Writer to publish content to it makes it usable for the end user. I would love it if someone could create a plugin for this.

More
14 years 3 months ago #81140 by Frank Stratmann
Replied by Frank Stratmann on topic Windows Live Writer Support
I also look for remote editor solution for k2 and after some searches I see there´s is no solution. Please remember to create such a nice option to get closer between brain and k2. Thanks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #81141 by Blair Thompson
Replied by Blair Thompson on topic Windows Live Writer Support
I recently used K2 to develop a company intranet system. The front end editing is currently holding us back in terms of ease of use.

I would really love to get to a point where K2 could be used with live writer. It would difficult I think to put the additional fields into place as this would presumably require a plugin for livewriter. However if even the article entry and tagging could be used this would probably account for 90% of my use.

I would transfer my own personal websites to K2 tomorrow if this feature could be implemented. I really do rely on live writer for producing content offline... far more reliable when composing longer articles!

More
13 years 9 months ago #81142 by Martin Herbst
Replied by Martin Herbst on topic Windows Live Writer Support
Hi, 

I had a look at the Movable Types plugin and I think that it should be possible to modify this plugin in a way that editing of K2 articles with Live Writer would work.

If there is a real interest in using Live Writer as offline editor for K2 I would try to implement the necessary enhancements. In a second step I would write a plugin for Live Writer which would help to enter Tags and some other information resp. plugin calls.

Please give me some feedback if you are interested in this work and if there is enough interest I will start to work on it.

Martin

More
11 years 11 months ago #81143 by John
Replied by John on topic Re: Windows Live Writer Support
Any progress on letting an off-line editor to post to K2?

Currently, Live Writer on Windows, ScribeFire from FireFox, and Blogsy on iPad can all post to Joomla proper through XMLRPC. I am new to K2; I am really looking forward to a way to do Blogs in K2 with the offline editor support. I see there have been quite a few forum threads asking for this feature. Are there ways to post directly to K2 in Joomla?