Keyword

Someone please help....THIS IS FRUSTRATING....

• Garry Richardson
  • Garry Richardson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #81333 by Garry Richardson
Someone please help....THIS IS FRUSTRATING.... was created by Garry Richardson
I have K2 and Simple Image Gallery Pro installed in my CPU with all the plugins needed and I keep getting this error mesage when I try to upload images in a zip folder for an image gallery;

UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE
Gallery upload error: Cannot extract archive!

I am using Winzip to create the zip file and this is frustrating. I dont know if I dont have the parameters set correctly or I'm doing something else wrong.  If anyone can help me it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.....G-RICH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Garry Richardson
More
14 years 5 months ago #81334 by Garry Richardson
Replied by Garry Richardson on topic Someone please help....THIS IS FRUSTRATING....
OK....so I have posted this a number of times....searched this forum and to no avail....STILL NO ANSWER....Is there anybody out there who can help me with this? I'm trying to finish up a project and this is the last thing I have to finish....IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE????????

More
14 years 5 months ago #81335 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Someone please help....THIS IS FRUSTRATING....
Patience is a virtue my friend, especially on a Sunday ;)

Please make sure you are using a zip file and not a rar file. If using windows, then use the default, select all items right click and send to zip file.
Ensure that you are only uploading images of supported formats.
Check the Joomlaworks documentation for correct instructions.

Let us know how you get on

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Garry Richardson
More
14 years 5 months ago #81336 by Garry Richardson
Replied by Garry Richardson on topic Someone please help....THIS IS FRUSTRATING....
I right clicked on the images and created a zip file with the default windows zip file and I still get the same result. I have used winzip to make the zip files, and I still get the same result. As far as the formats, I am using jpeg images. When I do it the hard way in other articles (i.e {gallery}my photos{/gallery}) I have no problems creating a gallery but I am really trying to set up the article in K2's catalog layout. Is there anything else I should be looking at (i.e. parameters, image folder settings, etc) that I may have overlooked. Thank you and I promise to be patient from now on....:)

More
14 years 5 months ago #81337 by Simon Wells
Could I suggest that I pay a visit your admin and take a look?
If so, send me a direct message so that we can arrange it.

Simon
K2Joom.com

Mr. Whats The Spot said:I right clicked on the images and created a zip file with the default windows zip file and I still get the same result. I have used winzip to make the zip files, and I still get the same result. As far as the formats, I am using jpeg images. When I do it the hard way in other articles (i.e {gallery}my photos{/gallery}) I have no problems creating a gallery but I am really trying to set up the article in K2's catalog layout. Is there anything else I should be looking at (i.e. parameters, image folder settings, etc) that I may have overlooked. Thank you and I promise to be patient from now on....:)

• Garry Richardson
More
14 years 5 months ago #81338 by Garry Richardson
By all means....I will send the info to your meg box....thank you for your time and help in this matter.

• Garry Richardson
More
14 years 5 months ago #81339 by Garry Richardson
I sent a friend request because it seems that I am not able to send you a direct message if we are not friends....I will send you the info after you confirm. Thanks again for your help in this matter.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81340 by Simon Wells
Hey, yes, must be friends before getting messages.
It has been accepted, so should be able to help you out soon.

Simon
K2Joom.com

Mr. Whats The Spot said:I sent a friend request because it seems that I am not able to send you a direct message if we are not friends....I will send you the info after you confirm. Thanks again for your help in this matter.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81341 by Terese Heydenrych
Replied by Terese Heydenrych on topic Someone please help....THIS IS FRUSTRATING....
Hi - I am getting the same error msg and wondered what the result/outcome/fix is for this?
Many thanks
Terese

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Hey, yes, must be friends before getting messages. It has been accepted, so should be able to help you out soon.

Simon
K2Joom.com

Mr. Whats The Spot said:I sent a friend request because it seems that I am not able to send you a direct message if we are not friends....I will send you the info after you confirm. Thanks again for your help in this matter.

More
14 years 1 month ago #81342 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Someone please help....THIS IS FRUSTRATING....
A post from Followeyes some time ago reminds you to be sure to get into the directory where your images are, select them all and then zip them. Be sure they are not in a subfolder inside the zip file.