Keyword

k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view

• Marty Peet
  • Marty Peet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84030 by Marty Peet
k2 v 2.2Joomla v 1.5.17JCE 1.5.2When I'm in k2 > Items > (any content item) the buttons, Save, Save & New, Apply and Cancel don't work. When I'm in category view they do. After some troubleshooting I've found that when editing a k2 ITEM the includes/js/joomla.javascript.js file isn't being loaded, it IS being loaded when I'm editing a category. This file is included by the includes/application.php file. I have checked this file and it is OK. If I can get the joomla.javascript.js file to load when editing a k2 item, the problem will be solved. I'm not too sure whether this is a Joomla or k2 problem or maybe even an editor problem? Can anyone help please? k2 aint much good if you can't add items in it... I should add that the Joomla Article Manager is working fine. Thanks for any assistance you can give me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #84031 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view
It seems like a possible install issue, as 2.2 works for me.
There is a known Save issue on the front side editor, which is resolved in v2.3svn's

Simon
K2 Support

• Marty Peet
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84032 by Marty Peet
Replied by Marty Peet on topic k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view
Thanks for the reply Simon. I have installed the latest Joomla 1.5.18, re-installed k2 and tried 2 other editors, X Standard Lite and Tiny MCE. I could write the necessary code to inlcude the joomla.javascript.js file, but that is not my desired outcome. I'd like to find the problem. The weird thing is it's fine when dealing with a k2 category, but not an item...

• Marty Peet
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84033 by Marty Peet
More info, just uninstalled JCE and tried MCE Lite as the editor, same result, category fine, item no go.. will re-install JCE and see what happens

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:It seems like a possible install issue, as 2.2 works for me. There is a known Save issue on the front side editor, which is resolved in v2.3svn's

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 3 months ago #84034 by antifmradio
Replied by antifmradio on topic k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view
I need to follow this one. I was under the impression is was the editor after reading other posts
Right now im using TinyMCE
i have it set for X-Standard Lite 2.0 but that didnt work
i even tried with NO EDITOR
and still same result
Got any other ideas on how i can help you track this down?

I cant do a J! uninstall as the site is LIVE
currently running K2 2.2
trying to add the K2 Store

Marty Peet said:More info, just uninstalled JCE and tried MCE Lite as the editor, same result, category fine, item no go.. will re-install JCE and see what happens
Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:It seems like a possible install issue, as 2.2 works for me. There is a known Save issue on the front side editor, which is resolved in v2.3svn's
Simon
K2 Support

• Marty Peet
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84035 by Marty Peet
In my case this was a plugin problem. I had been working on optimising my sites loading times, enabling plugins, testing, disabling, try the next one. I forgot to disable one, it was a plugin that allowed disabling of mootools.js and caption.js. The plugin in question is/was ki_mootools. After disabling it all functionality within the k2 item view returned. The problem within the script for this plugin was:

unset($headerstuff[$moo]);

Hope this is of some use to you

antifmradio said:I need to follow this one. I was under the impression is was the editor after reading other posts Right now im using TinyMCE
i have it set for X-Standard Lite 2.0 but that didnt work
i even tried with NO EDITOR
and still same result
Got any other ideas on how i can help you track this down?

I cant do a J! uninstall as the site is LIVE
currently running K2 2.2
trying to add the K2 Store

Marty Peet said:More info, just uninstalled JCE and tried MCE Lite as the editor, same result, category fine, item no go.. will re-install JCE and see what happens Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:It seems like a possible install issue, as 2.2 works for me. There is a known Save issue on the front side editor, which is resolved in v2.3svn's Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 3 months ago #84036 by antifmradio
Replied by antifmradio on topic k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view
well what do ya know Marty
that did the trick

however, now that i can SAVE items.... i cant get them to show up in the K2 Store hahahahah
im still trying this thing
i need to re-find that documentation on the STORE and see if i am doing this right

Thanks for finding that though

• Marty Peet
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84037 by Marty Peet
Good to know it helped, it appears the plugin inhibits loading of the includes/joomla.javascript.js file which is contains the functions used when saving/cancelling k2 items and categories

antifmradio said:well what do ya know Marty that did the trick

however, now that i can SAVE items.... i cant get them to show up in the K2 Store hahahahah
im still trying this thing
i need to re-find that documentation on the STORE and see if i am doing this right

Thanks for finding that though

More
14 years 3 months ago #84038 by antifmradio
ok well. im still in the same boat here
i would REALLY like to find at least ONE e-commerce store component that works in J!
and to this date i have tried 7
not one of them are working

More
14 years 3 months ago #84039 by william white
Replied by william white on topic k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view
Have you looked at Ijoomla.com?