Keyword

Extra Fields Not Displaying in Category Listings

• Thanasi Gray
  • Thanasi Gray's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85261 by Thanasi Gray
Hi,Great CCK! I'm a little new to this so I may be missing something. However, I have enabled 'show' in for Extra Fields in Item View Options In category listings in the correct category but nothig is being outputed?Am I missing something? I seem to have extra fields eneble everywhere? Has anyone else experienced this problem?K2.3 J1.15.17Thanks for your help!Keep up the good work.Thanasi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85262 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Extra Fields Not Displaying in Category Listings
Check your
Item view options in category listings
paramater of the category - Show Extra Fields

• Thanasi Gray
More
14 years 2 months ago #85263 by Thanasi Gray
Replied by Thanasi Gray on topic Extra Fields Not Displaying in Category Listings
Thanks for your reply William, the paremeter is definately set to show - even in the over all global paremeters too.

Any other suggestions?

William White said:Check your Item view options in category listings
paramater of the category - Show Extra Fields

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #85264 by Yiota
Have you checked if you get the whole extra fields block but empty? Check the Source of the page that there were suppose to show.

• Thanasi Gray
More
14 years 2 months ago #85265 by Thanasi Gray
Replied by Thanasi Gray on topic Extra Fields Not Displaying in Category Listings
Thanks for your reply. After investigation it seems that the code to display the extra fields doesn't exist in the default template for that type of view.

I am linking the categories via K2->Latest-> latest (Latest items from (one or more) users or categories) menu item.

When selected this pulls the template file latest_item.php (get string: view=latest&layout=latest) this file does not have anything to output the extra fields so would never get displayed.... Bug or feature?

Many thanks.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #85266 by Yiota
The latest view doesn't support (by feature) extra fields. If it did you would see the option to select inside the menu type parameters just as you see it in other view types.

• Thanasi Gray
More
14 years 2 months ago #85267 by Thanasi Gray
Hi Yoita,

That does make sense - thanks. Would be nice to have that option though.

Cheers!

Yiota Ziaggou said:The latest view doesn't support (by feature) extra fields. If it did you would see the option to select inside the menu type parameters just as you see it in other view types.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 2 months ago #85268 by Yiota
Try this.

Open the latest_item.php in templates/your template/html/com_k2/default/, go to the part where you want the extra fields to appear and put this:

$this->item->extra_fields = K2ModelItem::getItemExtraFields($this->item->extra_fields);

under that copy the extra fields block through the category_item.php, without the if($this->item->params->get('catItemExtraFields') part to the first if. Leave only the count part.

• Thanasi Gray
More
14 years 2 months ago #85269 by Thanasi Gray
Hi - thanks for this.

I have ended up presenting the info in a different way. But I will keep this in mind for future projects.

Thanks for your quick replies. :-)

Yiota Ziaggou said:Try this.
Open the latest_item.php in templates/your template/html/com_k2/default/, go to the part where you want the extra fields to appear and put this:

$this->item->extra_fields = K2ModelItem::getItemExtraFields($this->item->extra_fields);

under that copy the extra fields block through the category_item.php, without the if($this->item->params->get('catItemExtraFields') part to the first if. Leave only the count part.

More
14 years 1 month ago #85270 by josh tischer
Replied by josh tischer on topic Extra Fields Not Displaying in Category Listings
I gave this a try and it throws an error.

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property

do you have any suggestions?

Yiota Ziaggou said:Try this.