Keyword

Article Content not showing on page.

• Tom Graham
  • Tom Graham's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85743 by Tom Graham
Article Content not showing on page. was created by Tom Graham
I'm using Joomla 1.15.18 on MySQL 5.0.90 Today, for whatever reason, my Item (Article) Content simply ceased to appear. I have the same problem with Articles controlled by Article Manager. Everything else seems to appear, the Titles, Links, Ratings, Date of Creation/Editing etc. Creating a new article for test purposes suffers from the same problem.This effect is template independent (I've tried changing)I thought also that it might be a dbase indexing problem but running CHECK and ANALYZE on jos_content I get the result that all's OK and up to date. I've also downloaded the content in CSV form so I can confirm that the text's are in the dbase.The rest of the site seems fine. I'l be grateful for any tips or suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85744 by Brett Adkins
Replied by Brett Adkins on topic Article Content not showing on page.
I am having the same problem

I just upgraded one of my sites to K2 v 2.3

The K2 articles do not load now. I am also unable to add an article from the backend - blank page when clicking "save"

Site in question: www.hobnobmaster.com

I rolled the site back to it's previous state (K2 V 2.2) and recorded a one minute screencast showing the upgrade to V 2.3 and the subsequent blank page that results

screencast.com/t/YzgwNjgwY

As referenced in this post:
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/changed-to-new-server-and-some

I do have PHP's "GD Image Library" installed

System Info:

PHP Built on: Linux hobnob.directrouter.com 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu Jul 1 19:04:48 EDT 2010 x86_64
Database Version: 5.0.91-community
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.13
Web Server: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.18 Stable [ wojmamni ama wojnaiki ] 27-May-2010 18:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)

• Tom Graham
More
14 years 2 months ago #85745 by Tom Graham
Replied by Tom Graham on topic Article Content not showing on page.
Thanks Brett for taking the time to respond. Our problem's aren't quite the same. You get the blank page and I get everything except the main body text. I get the title, the image, the author etc, just not the body text.

My next step will be to remove K2. irritating as I've already invested quite some time in submitting content AND until today it ran normally. No I didn't make any changes yesterday.

Hope you find a solution.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85746 by Brett Adkins
Does anyone know if any of the following PHP Modules are required for K2 to function:

mbstring
mcrypt
mhash
mime_magic
soap
tidy
xmlrpc
Zend Optimizer
zip

Zeroing in on the problem slowly...

More
14 years 2 months ago #85747 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Article Content not showing on page.
mbstring is required. Search this forum for it and you will find lots of posts

More
14 years 2 months ago #85748 by william white
"I have the same problem with Articles controlled by Article Manager"
This must be a joomla problem if its doing the same thing with articles. I havent seen a problem with K2 that affects a simple Joomla article or a menu link to it yet.
"No I didn't make any changes yesterday." if you have multiple sites are the others working. ARe they on the same server?
Im not sure but i dont think if you uninstall K2 the tables will be deleted. (Back up if necessary) remove k2, test joomla articles. Dont give up on K2 if joomla articles are not working

• Tom Graham
More
14 years 2 months ago #85749 by Tom Graham
William White said:"I have the same problem with Articles controlled by Article Manager" This must be a joomla problem if its doing the same thing with articles. I havent seen a problem with K2 that affects a simple Joomla article or a menu link to it yet.
"No I didn't make any changes yesterday." if you have multiple sites are the others working. ARe they on the same server?
Im not sure but i dont think if you uninstall K2 the tables will be deleted. (Back up if necessary) remove k2, test joomla articles. Dont give up on K2 if joomla articles are not working

Thanks for the input. the most annoying thing is that this is an illogical problem. I think you're right and that it's not specifically a K2 problem. I'm not running K2 on another site as I'm actually trying it out on the affected site. So far I'm of deeply divided opinion. It has some very good aspects, and some that are simply very irritating.

Back to our problem: Does K2 or Joomla have a problem with the Plugs and Slides plugin ? I was working on an article using the Tabs plugin before this happened and it was OK. I've checked the HTML and the plugin syntax but can find no fault there.

I've updated K2 from 2.2 to 2.3 and will leave it on the site for now as I'm convinced it's not the problem. I've also reinstalled the Joomla 1.5.17 to 1.5.18 update in case I'd inadvertently deleted something but no joy there either. I'm considering putting a new install of 1.5.18 straight over the top because a CMS which doesn't bring up the content is really not worth the hassle and I reason that I can't be worse off. The last resort is a restore to 5 days ago using Joomla Pack.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85750 by Brett Adkins
MBstring did the trick - the articles are working now - thanks for the heads up!

William White said:mbstring is required. Search this forum for it and you will find lots of posts

More
14 years 2 months ago #85751 by william white
Try just disabling tabs and slides....
mabee try disabling all plugins one at time and test

Tom Graham said:William White said:"I have the same problem with Articles controlled by Article Manager" This must be a joomla problem if its doing the same thing with articles. I havent seen a problem with K2 that affects a simple Joomla article or a menu link to it yet. "No I didn't make any changes yesterday." if you have multiple sites are the others working. ARe they on the same server?

Thanks for the input. the most annoying thing is that this is an illogical problem. I think you're right and that it's not specifically a K2 problem. I'm not running K2 on another site as I'm actually trying it out on the affected site. So far I'm of deeply divided opinion. It has some very good aspects, and some that are simply very irritating.

Back to our problem: Does K2 or Joomla have a problem with the Plugs and Slides plugin ? I was working on an article using the Tabs plugin before this happened and it was OK. I've checked the HTML and the plugin syntax but can find no fault there.

I've updated K2 from 2.2 to 2.3 and will leave it on the site for now as I'm convinced it's not the problem. I've also reinstalled the Joomla 1.5.17 to 1.5.18 update in case I'd inadvertently deleted something but no joy there either. I'm considering putting a new install of 1.5.18 straight over the top because a CMS which doesn't bring up the content is really not worth the hassle and I reason that I can't be worse off. The last resort is a restore to 5 days ago using Joomla Pack.

• Tom Graham
More
14 years 2 months ago #85752 by Tom Graham
William White said:Try just disabling tabs and slides.... mabee try disabling all plugins one at time and test

Don't know you William but you're a lovely fellah. It was Anthony Mclin's (www.anthonymclin.com) Weblinks causing the problem. Shame, I rather liked what it did. Working through plugin's one after the other is my usual way to go after such problems, but I have to confess that for whatever reason I did not touch that plugin today. Thereafter I guess I just ceased to see the wood for the trees. Many, many thanks for your timely reminder. K2 is vindicated. I'll come back to its irritations in the appropriate place.
Tom