Keyword

Moving the Video above the item body

• Scott Tuchman
  • Scott Tuchman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85754 by Scott Tuchman
Moving the Video above the item body was created by Scott Tuchman
I want to move the itemvideo so that it appears below the rating and above the item body.  I have tried to move the code around in the default item.php and no matter what I do it renders the page blank.  Clearly I'm missing something, maybe it's an extra endif, I just don't know but there has to be an easy way to reorder the display of things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85755 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Moving the Video above the item body
If you are getting a blank page after making the change you have cut and pasted something incorrectly.
If you are using the latest version of k2 try cutting the code from lines 454 to 479 in item.php and moving then to line 175
If you use k2 overrides you will not change or break the entire site while you are figuring this out.

• Scott Tuchman
More
14 years 2 months ago #85756 by Scott Tuchman
Replied by Scott Tuchman on topic Moving the Video above the item body
Thanks William,
I had the correct chunk of code and was putting it in the same place but I was including the div class="clear" and it was breaking the page. Much Appreciated!
S

William White said:If you are getting a blank page after making the change you have cut and pasted something incorrectly. If you are using the latest version of k2 try cutting the code from lines 454 to 479 in item.php and moving then to line 175
If you use k2 overrides you will not change or break the entire site while you are figuring this out.

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #85757 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic Moving the Video above the item body
I moved the lines you told me to 254... it is my belief media should be after the text while the static photo should be above text.

oh yea I changed related video to related media... as the video player can play video and audio.

More
13 years 11 months ago #85758 by Al B
Replied by Al B on topic Moving the Video above the item body
@Christian Matthieas

Can you tell me which file you edited to change the RELATED VIDEO TEXT. So far I edited the item.php file but nothing changes. All I want to do is change the text from RELATED VIDEO to VIDEO. Please advise. Any insight will do. Thanks.

Christian Matthieas said:I moved the lines you told me to 254... it is my belief media should be after the text while the static photo should be above text.
oh yea I changed related video to related media... as the video player can play video and audio.

• Scott Tuchman
More
13 years 11 months ago #85759 by Scott Tuchman
en-GB.com_k2.ini

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #85760 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic Moving the Video above the item body
I did Not change the INI... I changed the ITEM and the Category_Item or Item_Category.php ... You have to change both because there are two ways to view the media.. as an item or an item in a category... does that make sense

Scott Tuchman said:en-GB.com_k2.ini

• Scott Tuchman
More
13 years 11 months ago #85761 by Scott Tuchman
The labels are found in the en-GB.com_k2.ini file, that's what you asked for, this is where the text to Related Video is found.

Christian Matthieas said:I did Not change the INI... I changed the ITEM and the Category_Item or Item_Category.php ... You have to change both because there are two ways to view the media.. as an item or an item in a category... does that make sense

Scott Tuchman said:en-GB.com_k2.ini

More
13 years 11 months ago #85762 by Emad
Replied by Emad on topic Moving the Video above the item body
now that I brought the video on top. As soon as I hide the image of the article. The video goes away with it..

More
13 years 11 months ago #85763 by Emad
Replied by Emad on topic Moving the Video above the item body
Emad said:now that I brought the video on top. As soon as I hide the image of the article. The video goes away with it..

Ignore my question. I figured it out..