Keyword

[REOPENED] local domain prepended to url before 'use remote video' url

More
14 years 5 days ago #86269 by David R.
svn is short for subversion. It's a code repository that they are using to manage changes to the source code files and to group together these files into versions for release. So basically you can get access to changes before they are bundled together as a release.

Joomlaworks is using the Google Code service, so you can find the integrated svn repo here:
code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/

Get the files they mentioned that have Lefteris's changes and use them to replace the ones in your Joomla installation.

Fritz Müller said:Hi, I do not understand your anwser. What should I do to solve the problem? What means "SVN"? Thanks...
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Just fixed the bug for the next release. You can see the patch at the SVN version. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 days ago #86270 by David R.
If you look at the docs, xml is not a type/tag that AllVideos handles. The available options for AllVideos are very simple and K2's code to handle that is hardwired to do what AllVideos allows for.

www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/35/41/

For example, the only options you can pass are described in the doc as:

{format/provider}filename|width|height|autoplay{/format/provider}

I hacked the code to allow it to insert {format/provider img=path_to_cover_img} and I had to rewrite the regex code in several places. It's quite a hornets nest in there.

With that said, the key seems to me to be tricking the K2 admin to accept the .xml file as the remote file source, so I'm guessing that if you just use the flvremote and specify your .xml as the source, JW Player takes care of the rest.

Mark Schultz said:OK, thanks. Are you saying that the allvideos plugin won't support any remote xml file, or that my xml file won't work? If it is the latter, can you tell me which version of the JWplayer is being used by the plugin so I can write an XML file that will work?
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. I will check it again but in any case i think that AllVideos does not support this XML file. So even without the local domain prepended this will not work. Mark Schultz said:Hi Lefteris, there is possibly another issue with the video plugin usage in K2. When I attempt to use a remote XML file, I get a similar symptom as before. At this URL you can see the plugin string in the light gray box on the page:

bit.ly/a4Yeb6

{xmlremote}nvctraining.com/media/LinM/TP-felt-sense/longtail.xml{/xmlremote}

In the K2 backend, the string is displayed as:

{xmlremote}nvcacademy.net/2/http://nvctraining.com/media/LinM/TP-felt-s...{/xmlremote}

again with the local domain prepended to the URL.

my XML file looks like this(view source):
longtail.xml

Any thoughts if the issue remains with K2 or my XML file sucks?

thanks.

More
14 years 5 days ago #86271 by David R.
I messed with this, and I see that it picks up the file extension, so if you can simply mod K2 to emit {flvremote} rather than {xmlremote} I think it should probably work for you.

David R. said:If you look at the docs, xml is not a type/tag that AllVideos handles. The available options for AllVideos are very simple and K2's code to handle that is hardwired to do what AllVideos allows for.

www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/35/41/

For example, the only options you can pass are described in the doc as:

{format/provider}filename|width|height|autoplay{/format/provider}

I hacked the code to allow it to insert {format/provider img=path_to_cover_img} and I had to rewrite the regex code in several places. It's quite a hornets nest in there.

With that said, the key seems to me to be tricking the K2 admin to accept the .xml file as the remote file source, so I'm guessing that if you just use the flvremote and specify your .xml as the source, JW Player takes care of the rest.

Mark Schultz said:OK, thanks. Are you saying that the allvideos plugin won't support any remote xml file, or that my xml file won't work? If it is the latter, can you tell me which version of the JWplayer is being used by the plugin so I can write an XML file that will work? Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. I will check it again but in any case i think that AllVideos does not support this XML file. So even without the local domain prepended this will not work. Mark Schultz said:Hi Lefteris, there is possibly another issue with the video plugin usage in K2. When I attempt to use a remote XML file, I get a similar symptom as before. At this URL you can see the plugin string in the light gray box on the page:
bit.ly/a4Yeb6

{xmlremote}nvctraining.com/media/LinM/TP-felt-sense/longtail.xml{/xmlremote}

In the K2 backend, the string is displayed as:

{xmlremote}nvcacademy.net/2/http://nvctraining.com/media/LinM/TP-felt-s...{/xmlremote}

again with the local domain prepended to the URL.

my XML file looks like this(view source):
longtail.xml

Any thoughts if the issue remains with K2 or my XML file sucks?

thanks.

More
14 years 5 days ago #86272 by Fritz Müller
Ok, thanks. I tried to download SVN with the App for Macs. But it does not work. I can not find the folder k2_svn on the desktop. Any idea?

David R. said:svn is short for subversion. It's a code repository that they are using to manage changes to the source code files and to group together these files into versions for release. So basically you can get access to changes before they are bundled together as a release.
Joomlaworks is using the Google Code service, so you can find the integrated svn repo here:

Get the files they mentioned that have Lefteris's changes and use them to replace the ones in your Joomla installation.

Fritz Müller said:Hi, I do not understand your anwser. What should I do to solve the problem? What means "SVN"? Thanks... Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Just fixed the bug for the next release. You can see the patch at the SVN version. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

More
14 years 5 days ago #86273 by David R.
You don't need to get the svn client -- you can just use the web interface to the repo. These are the two commits that fixed the original bug described:

code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/source/detail?r=520
code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/source/detail?r=521

There are multiple ways to handle this. You can download the files in their entirety, or you can use the diff feature to see the changes, open the files in question and cut and paste those changes into the files at the location.

To download the file, click on the link, then you can do a save as on the "view raw file" link, save that file and copy it over the file of the same name.

Fritz Müller said:Ok, thanks. I tried to download SVN with the App for Macs. But it does not work. I can not find the folder k2_svn on the desktop. Any idea?
David R. said:svn is short for subversion. It's a code repository that they are using to manage changes to the source code files and to group together these files into versions for release. So basically you can get access to changes before they are bundled together as a release. Joomlaworks is using the Google Code service, so you can find the integrated svn repo here:

Fritz Müller said:Hi, I do not understand your anwser. What should I do to solve the problem? What means "SVN"? Thanks... Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Just fixed the bug for the next release. You can see the patch at the SVN version. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

More
14 years 5 days ago #86274 by Lefteris
Hi. There is a link at the getk2.org page.

Fritz Müller said:Ok, thanks. I tried to download SVN with the App for Macs. But it does not work. I can not find the folder k2_svn on the desktop. Any idea?
David R. said:svn is short for subversion. It's a code repository that they are using to manage changes to the source code files and to group together these files into versions for release. So basically you can get access to changes before they are bundled together as a release. Joomlaworks is using the Google Code service, so you can find the integrated svn repo here:

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)