Keyword

Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?

• Alan Sparkes
  • Alan Sparkes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #87608 by Alan Sparkes
Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs? was created by Alan Sparkes
This is a question deep on my mind at the moment.Fotis - can you comment on the roadmap here?Will we have to run K2 ACLs alongside J1.6 ACLs? What's the plan ?love to know the when , how and whys ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87609 by Marco Heinski
Replied by Marco Heinski on topic Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?
It would be very interesting and useful to the developers of k2 had a forum topic stating what is being worked on developing the current version of k2.

What do you think?

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87610 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?
A agree with you.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #87611 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?
Will there be advantages to keeping the K2 acl after 1.6 acl is added?
I think that keeping the k2 acl and adding additional features to it like automatically assigning and/or creating a k2 acl and category would be really helpfull

• Alan Sparkes
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87612 by Alan Sparkes
Replied by Alan Sparkes on topic Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?
That's interesting idea William
I have project that might require auto k2 group registration so a plugin might be on the cards registration.
Although the config allows K2 group assignment being ableto assign more than one group based on different registrations forms might be useful for memberships etc
Supporting core 1.6 acls would make life easier though.
What scenario can you imagine wanting both? 

William White said:Will there be advantages to keeping the K2 acl after 1.6 acl is added? I think that keeping the k2 acl and adding additional features to it like automatically assigning and/or creating a k2 acl and category would be really helpfull

• Alan Sparkes
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87613 by Alan Sparkes
Replied by Alan Sparkes on topic Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?
Yes second that!
Voting too?Marco Heinski said:It would be very interesting and useful to the developers of k2 had a forum topic stating what is being worked on developing the current version of k2.
What do you think?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87614 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?
If you can customize or override the 1.6 acl then you could add routines to auto registar users in k2 and have two levels of acl without having to sign up twice. One could be used for regular access and the other for editors etc or paid members.
How will other extension devs deal with it like the social extensions that keep their own lists...
i think the same issues will exist for them as does for k2

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87615 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?
As far as I am aware, 2.4 will not have any additional changes to its ACL.

How far off is Alpha J1.6 release?
Another couple of months at least is what I have been told from inside the 1.6 dev camp, that will be all dependent on if Joomla team leader continue to upset the community devs that I keep hearing about.

For those that have existing sites on 1.5, i guess there will be a slow migration to 1.6 whilst they ensure an easy upgrade.
Other extension devs will be cautious to wait and ensure that enough details are available to assist in upgrading their products to 1.6
I wonder how many of the main core extension will actually be ready when 1.6 is released.

JACL just seems a bit clunky to me at the moment and personally would prefer to stick with 1.5 and k2 acl until something solid is available.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #87616 by Abdul Muhaymin
Replied by Abdul Muhaymin on topic Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?
HI SIMON, hope u are there,

please help me with item in multiple categories, please add this feature to 2.4 and release soon, my host disk space is getting low day by day and there are a lot of items

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:As far as I am aware, 2.4 will not have any additional changes to its ACL.
How far off is Alpha J1.6 release?
Another couple of months at least is what I have been told from inside the 1.6 dev camp, that will be all dependent on if Joomla team leader continue to upset the community devs that I keep hearing about.

For those that have existing sites on 1.5, i guess there will be a slow migration to 1.6 whilst they ensure an easy upgrade.
Other extension devs will be cautious to wait and ensure that enough details are available to assist in upgrading their products to 1.6
I wonder how many of the main core extension will actually be ready when 1.6 is released.

JACL just seems a bit clunky to me at the moment and personally would prefer to stick with 1.5 and k2 acl until something solid is available.

More
14 years 1 week ago #87617 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Will K2 2.4 support Joomla 1.6 ACLs?
Not sure what you need of if this is the correct thread to be posting to.

Simon
K2 Support

Abdul Muhaymin said:HI SIMON, hope u are there,
please help me with item in multiple categories, please add this feature to 2.4 and release soon, my host disk space is getting low day by day and there are a lot of items

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:As far as I am aware, 2.4 will not have any additional changes to its ACL. How far off is Alpha J1.6 release?