Keyword

hidding the latest 4 items added category view.

• kire timov
  • kire timov's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88109 by kire timov
helloi think this is specific question.. and if it's not i am sorryfirst of all the down sides of the k2 is that we are limited with the slideshows for k2 (customers want fancy styles with fancy slides for their leading/latest news).. there are couple slideshows for k2 but they are all useless in my case.. ( i can easy make the slideshow to act as leading news by setting the category view in k2 not to show featured items and the slideshow to show only featured items)however i need to use the slideshow as latest news..oh i'v forget to say i am using lofk2slideshow (it dosent matter but there it is)so a solution could be if there is an option to hide the 4 latest news added- in k2 category view, and if the lofk2slideshow is set to show items 4 items by date ascending than it would act perfect as latest news.... but i really don't know how to do that.. thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88110 by Make Good MEdia
Replied by Make Good MEdia on topic hidding the latest 4 items added category view.
Select latest items and limit it by Four. and in your module, select it not to show featured items

Toronto web Developers

• kire timov
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88111 by kire timov
Replied by kire timov on topic hidding the latest 4 items added category view.
and how exactly do i do that?

Steve Karol said:Select latest items and limit it by Four. and in your module, select it not to show featured items
Toronto web Developers

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88112 by Make Good MEdia
Replied by Make Good MEdia on topic hidding the latest 4 items added category view.
Well check the parameters on the slideshow modules, You will have to select not to show featured and show latest
kire timov said:and how exactly do i do that? Steve Karol said:Select latest items and limit it by Four. and in your module, select it not to show featured items Toronto web Developers

• kire timov
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88113 by kire timov
dude i don't know if you followed me...
i need to make K2 NOT TO SHOW the latest 4 items i add (somehow) --because if i dont do that.. the slideshow will show the latest 4 items.. and in category view the items will be shown as well (this is duplicate items which is what i am trying to avaid)

thanks

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88114 by Make Good MEdia
Make the 4 items featured and set it in the category parameters not to show featured items. Then on the slideshow select featured items only.

kire timov said:dude i don't know if you followed me... i need to make K2 NOT TO SHOW the latest 4 items i add (somehow) --because if i dont do that.. the slideshow will show the latest 4 items.. and in category view the items will be shown as well (this is duplicate items which is what i am trying to avaid)

thanks

• kire timov
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88115 by kire timov
yes but but but :)...

when i say i need to hide the 4 latest added items in category view i really need that :P
let me explain you now why in more detailed way lolz (i hoped i didn't had to but here we go)

the site i am building is news magazine.
the frontpage is mix of all categories and sub categories i have. (showing the latest items) the slideshow on the frontpage is set to show featured items only.. and in k2 category view is set not to show them (this is what you recommended to do - and i had done this before...)
Now.. when user gets in sub category i.e. "Showbiz" he will see the same layout as on the frontpage but only items from showbiz and NOW the slideshow needs to show latest news here - and it cannot be controlled as in the frontpage BECAUSE if i need to add 3 itmes from Shobiz as leading news on the front page (this means these needs to be marked as featured) and the next day lets say i dont add showbiz content at all.. the frontpage must have another 4 leading (featured items)-which means i must make those 3 items from yesterday to make them non-featured because in the same time i dont want them to be shown in the slideshow and as new leading news are added on the frontpage the older leading news should be moved down as ordinary items.. so if you followed me you will notice that there is a hole in this plan.. because if i "need" to un-feature the items from yesterday .. when user goes into showbiz category he will see duplicate items.. and i am not allowed to feature them because they will be shown on the frontpage.

my simpliest solution i could think of is to make k2 somehow to hide the first 4 items you add.. but i dont know how really

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88116 by Make Good MEdia
category
> side bar (parameters ) category-item layout
>Featured items,...set to don't show
kire timov said:yes but but but :)...
when i say i need to hide the 4 latest added items in category view i really need that :P
let me explain you now why in more detailed way lolz (i hoped i didn't had to but here we go)

the site i am building is news magazine.
the frontpage is mix of all categories and sub categories i have. (showing the latest items) the slideshow on the frontpage is set to show featured items only.. and in k2 category view is set not to show them (this is what you recommended to do - and i had done this before...)
Now.. when user gets in sub category i.e. "Showbiz" he will see the same layout as on the frontpage but only items from showbiz and NOW the slideshow needs to show latest news here - and it cannot be controlled as in the frontpage BECAUSE if i need to add 3 itmes from Shobiz as leading news on the front page (this means these needs to be marked as featured) and the next day lets say i dont add showbiz content at all.. the frontpage must have another 4 leading (featured items)-which means i must make those 3 items from yesterday to make them non-featured because in the same time i dont want them to be shown in the slideshow and as new leading news are added on the frontpage the older leading news should be moved down as ordinary items.. so if you followed me you will notice that there is a hole in this plan.. because if i "need" to un-feature the items from yesterday .. when user goes into showbiz category he will see duplicate items.. and i am not allowed to feature them because they will be shown on the frontpage.

my simpliest solution i could think of is to make k2 somehow to hide the first 4 items you add.. but i dont know how really

• kire timov
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88117 by kire timov
more simplified:
if i need to add item in showbiz (not as leading news on the frontpage- in the slideshow) than how i am going to make them show as latest news in the showbiz category view (if i am not allowed to make them featured, again because if i made them they will be shown as i needed in the showbiz category but not in the frontpage as well-there will be shown as leading...)

• kire timov
More
14 years 1 week ago #88118 by kire timov
please someone.. isn't there any way to hide the first 4 added items in k2?