Keyword

Dont Use K2, NO SUPPORT!!! You will be stuck

• puneet
  • puneet's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88304 by puneet
I created this thread community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-and-sh404sef?xg_source=activity on 5th september there is no reply yet.Before this also I created a thread which took quite a long time to be replied and reply was not at all satisfactory.No doubt K2 is good but its not the best as yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88305 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Dont Use K2, NO SUPPORT!!! You will be stuck
What does SEF hacks have to do with K2? That is a Joomla issue -- nothing to do with K2 at all.

• puneet
More
14 years 1 week ago #88306 by puneet
Ohh great...i got a reply is almost no time.
Well first of all I am not a programer so I do not this.
Anyways I read somewhere on this site that K2 is now fully compatible with sh404sef
now what does full compatibility mean, it is just creating urls, but does not allow the users to remove category from urls.
Does this mean full compatibility.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88307 by irish
Hi k2isgood,

I know how the information can be a little frustrating at times. I never had a response to one of my posts either but I chose to turn it around and deleted all of my posts and am in here trying to help others if I can. No sense in blasting out to get help, it will get only another negative response .

you posted:
I tried using k2 sh404sef, but was not able to remove categories from the url
My url look like this
mysite.com/categry/title-alias
I want my urls like this
mysite.com/title-alias

Please tell me how to do it.
Thanks in Advance
You give no information about your system, components, modules, setup or anything, and ask k2 users to just fix your problem.
Now calm down, be nice and lets try to figure it out. I might not be the one to help with this, but lets get you pointed in the right direction.

Being that it is an sh404sef issue, have you tried to get support for the component you are having trouble with at sh404sef?
Is this a new up to date current paid version of sh404sef or are you still using the old out of date unsupported free version?
What version of k2 are you using?
Have you considered that with k2 being compatible might mean there are limitations and may need a fix just for your special needs as do most components, modules and plugin's for customized work and as sh404sef has in the past?

civil answers please...

Cheers!

k2isgood said:Ohh great...i got a reply is almost no time. Well first of all I am not a programer so I do not this. Anyways I read somewhere on this site that K2 is now fully compatible with sh404sef now what does full compatibility mean, it is just creating urls, but does not allow the users to remove category from urls. Does this mean full compatibility.

• puneet
More
14 years 1 week ago #88308 by puneet
Hey Irish, thanks for your response. I am not here to blast anyone. I was just frustrated so I posted the title which probably made you to respond.

And yeah dont worry, I am not that kinda person who will use abusive language. You can see my earlier threads also I never abused anybody.

Now, the details you asked for
I am using the latest paid version of sh404sef (I never posted this query in sh404sef forum because according to me its a k2 sh404sef plugin issue, atleat this is what i feel)

See, sh404sef allow me to remove articles/sections name from my Joomla Core (1.5.20) articles so I feel that if K2 is fully compatible I should be able to do the same with K2 also

Thanks

More
14 years 1 week ago #88309 by irish
Ok where does the sh404sef plugin come from? I don't use it... Have you tried to get support from the developers? They might better know the bridge in the code...

I answered because there are a lot of questions and I know it can be frustrating when we need help with free stuff. The last 3 days I have spent trying to help people in the same boat I was in. The next two weeks I will be gone...

k2isgood said:Hey Irish, thanks for your response. I am not here to blast anyone. I was just frustrated so I posted the title which probably made you to respond.
And yeah dont worry, I am not that kinda person who will use abusive language. You can see my earlier threads also I never abused anybody.

Now, the details you asked for
I am using the latest paid version of sh404sef (I never posted this query in sh404sef forum because according to me its a k2 sh404sef plugin issue, atleat this is what i feel)

See, sh404sef allow me to remove articles/sections name from my Joomla Core (1.5.20) articles so I feel that if K2 is fully compatible I should be able to do the same with K2 also

Thanks

More
14 years 1 week ago #88310 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Dont Use K2, NO SUPPORT!!! You will be stuck
For sh404SEF it's best to ask on the sh404SEF website.

For the record... We devote lots of our time to develop and maintain the forum. That is why we are not so active in the community. We do however track bug reports and other issues mentioned.

If this community has succeeded it's because of those people (plain members) who are helping others, especiallly newbies. And that's the spirit of open source. ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• puneet
More
14 years 1 week ago #88311 by puneet
Hi
Every one can see that lots of time and efforts are devoted towards K2. Its definitely emerging as a leader, but still there are lots of things need to be done.
I would request you to consider features requested by users in future version of K2

Here is what I request
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/feature-request-multi?xg_source=activity

PS: I did not want to hurt any of the K2 developers by creating this thread and creation of this thread by no means suggest that k2 is not good, infact my username is k2isgood.
By creating this thread I just wanted to make members of the forum more active. :)

JoomlaWorks said:For sh404SEF it's best to ask on the sh404SEF website.
For the record... We devote lots of our time to develop and maintain the forum. That is why we are not so active in the community. We do however track bug reports and other issues mentioned.

If this community has succeeded it's because of those people (plain members) who are helping others, especiallly newbies. And that's the spirit of open source. ;)

More
14 years 1 week ago #88312 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Dont Use K2, NO SUPPORT!!! You will be stuck
Well you got people's attention, and also established that you aren't to be taken seriously. Reference the story of "the boy who cried wolf". Unfortunately, this thread is going to be googled and people will come to it purely because of your hyperbolic title.

Don't get me wrong, the community support of K2 isn't that large right now. Like Irish, I've made several posts and none of them have received replies either. Because I can't afford to wait, I've gone ahead and looked at the source code, and made efforts to better understand it, because ultimately that is what you have to do with an open source project much of the time. You're not paying anyone money for support, and unfortunately at times you need to help yourself, or pay someone to help you if you're not able to dig into the code yourself. I needed to make some hacks to it for a project I did recently because there was simply no way for me to wait and hope that the Joomlaworks guys would add what was needed for the project. I also found a bug and fixed it, and then shortly thereafter a similar fix was done to the source and committed.

I also didn't want to get in an argument in regards to your other thread, but I still don't see that there's a major need for at least 2 of the features you wrote about. Many times you have to be willing to see workarounds or alternatives to the way you want things to be. Judging you only by your posts in regards to sh404sef and your request for changes to K2, you seem to be very strident about how you want things to be, and if they aren't exactly what you want, you seem to feel this constitutes a major problem with K2. I personally don't agree with you, and perhaps this also may be contributing to the lack of response to your issues.

Speaking candidly, your sh404sef issue strikes me as silly. Why do you care whether or not there's a category in the url? It doesn't matter to google, so why should it matter to you?

I also pointed out that tags give you many to many relationships between items. Your answer was "that wordpress has that" as if that's an argument. Joomla with K2 isn't wordpress, and the wordpress internals are nothing great. Needless to say, one obvious reply that could be offered is: go use wordpress then.

I offer this response purely as food for thought, as I have no special insight into what the Joomlaworks guys are thinking or planning to do, but simply my completely honest impression of how your posts come off to me: shrill and demanding may get people's attention for a minute, but in the long haul they really aren't going to make you any friends, and more than likely will lead to people tuning you out in the future, as someone who is unrealistic and probably won't be around to contribute anything back to the community anyways.

k2isgood said:Hi Every one can see that lots of time and efforts are devoted towards K2. Its definitely emerging as a leader, but still there are lots of things need to be done.
I would request you to consider features requested by users in future version of K2

Here is what I request
community.getk2.org/forum/topics/feature-request-multi?xg_so...

PS: I did not want to hurt any of the K2 developers by creating this thread and creation of this thread by no means suggest that k2 is not good, infact my username is k2isgood.
By creating this thread I just wanted to make members of the forum more active. :)

JoomlaWorks said:For sh404SEF it's best to ask on the sh404SEF website. For the record... We devote lots of our time to develop and maintain the forum. That is why we are not so active in the community. We do however track bug reports and other issues mentioned.

• puneet
More
14 years 1 week ago #88313 by puneet
David dont try to be over smart. Atleast think before writing - You write only useless crap. You have referred to the story "the boy who cried wolf" Mate have you ever heard that story or have just read some similar sentence and used it here. Well for your information in that story The boy cried wolf even when there was no wolf, Your reference to that story with regard to this thread is completely mis-match as I wrote "NO SUPPORT" as I am not actually getting any support.

You suggested dig into the code - before suggesting atleast read the thread completely, I mentioned earlier that I am not a programmer.

You mentioned "you seem to be very strident about how you want things to be, and if they aren't exactly what you want, you seem to feel this constitutes a major problem with K2". Well did I say so that there is some major problem with K2, You are not me PA to tell the world and what I feel and what i not. I do not feel that there is any major problem with k2. Before telling me very strident analyse yourself, I have few feature request which I suggested and I never said that k2 is not good if it will not have those features, it seems you are very strident and are not ready to accept and respect what other have in there mind. I am not alone in the community who requested "Multi Category" and "Export content to Joomla" features there are many so buddy if you dont like something its not that the whole world will not like it. Dont need to poke your nose into what others want.

You mentioned "your sh404sef issue strikes me as silly"
Well actually you are silly, I requested no category in url coz I have blog whose urls are without category and now If I swtich to K2 I will loose all my search engine rankings as previous urls will become non-existent. Understood Mr. Oversmart.

Hats off to your attitude, you mentioned that if I am not satisfied to K2 then I should switch to WordPress. Well, this way if you tell people not to suggest anything and acccept the way k2 is then k2 can never improve. I am sure people at Joomlaworks do not share your silly opinion and attitude.

Are you contributing anything to the community the answer is a BIG NO, you just post your useless crappy comments which are good for nothing. Its better you dont post your comment when a k2 user ask for help or something as you are kinda person who can't help but start finding the faults immediately and not ready to accept what others have in their minds.

Dont Judge others, be a judge of yourself first