Keyword

JCE editor and K2 conflicts

• Jorge C
  • Jorge C's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88353 by Jorge C
JCE editor and K2 conflicts was created by Jorge C
Hello everyone, 

Hopefully someone might have ran into this problem. I have googled and can't find anything.

I have installed Joomla! 1.5.20 Stable version, and JCE Editor v1.5.7.4 three times already. Everything works together with no problems, until I install another plugin. I have tried installing AcyMailing Starter, AllVideos and Simple Image Gallery.
After I have installed anyone of the above, my problem resurfaces. I cannot see the JCE Editor. Looking at firebug, I see many calls (recursive loading) to : http://mydomian/site/administrator/index.php, firebug even sends this message: 

"Firebug's log limit has been reached. 303 entries not shown."

Uninstalling all the plugins does not fix my installation, everytime I have tried, I have to re-install joomla and everything else from scratch. I have done various test, where I install a plugin at a t ime and test, and it only breaks after I install one of the above plugins. No problems if I install a language pack or a template.

Has anyone faced the same issue?
Thanks in advance for your help.
JC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88354 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic JCE editor and K2 conflicts
try changing the popup engine in Simple Image Gallery Pro.

that does it for me sometimes. when there's a confilict all the param boxes are expanded on an item edit page.

• Jorge C
More
14 years 1 week ago #88355 by Jorge C
Replied by Jorge C on topic JCE editor and K2 conflicts
Hi,

Thanks for answering. The problem is that I am installing the free version of SIG. Also, I can get it to break even if I don't install SIG free. :(

Lownotes said:try changing the popup engine in Simple Image Gallery Pro.
that does it for me sometimes. when there's a confilict all the param boxes are expanded on an item edit page.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88356 by irish
Replied by irish on topic JCE editor and K2 conflicts
Hi JC,
I am using everything you have except, AcyMailing Starter, without problems.
Have you installed those plugins without JCE? If it is a conflict with JCE I find it hard to believe they would not know or be able to help. I had to get a fix from JCE for a gavic extension a while back. It was not a JCE problem but they sure were glad to help anyway. I do know that there have been some issues floating around with JCE and some mootools extensions in the latest version, not saying its JCE but compatibility issues with some extensions, plugins to JCE. Try it with a previous version of JCE.

What template are you using? Try with joomla stock template.

Are you running any SEO or mod rewrite, custom htaccess etc.?

I know those are simple suggestions and questions but sometimes we over look the obvious.

Cheers!
irish

• Jorge C
More
14 years 1 week ago #88357 by Jorge C
Hi Irish,
Thanks for your time in answering this.

I think I found the issue thank God! (at least I can replicate it consistently). I had read somewhere that during development, one should set the Session Lifetime to 999999 or something like that so that you wouldn't get logged out every 15 min. Since I could not remember how many 9's I should put, I would use 99999999.

Last night I re-installed everything and added acymailing_starter just before hitting the bed. Everything worked great and this morning I got up and found out that my session had died. First thing I did: Added 999999999 to the Session Lifetime. Went to K2, added a new articla and the error was back!

Since the session Lifetime was the only thing I had changed since last night, I thought it was a long-shot but I went back and changed it to 15 min, and yes! it was working again!

I then tested with different times, so here are my findings:
Session Lifetime:
999999 (6 x 9's) - Error is back
99999 (6 x 9's) - It works but a bit slow in loading JCE Editor
15 minutes - Loads the JCE Editor at normal speed in either new Article or K2 New Item. Problem is that its too short of time for development.
90 minutes - Loads the JCE Editor at normal speed in either new Article or K2 New Item and its a great session time for development.

Last, this is the plugins/mods I installed in my working configuration and the order I installed them in (don't now if this matters or not). This was a weird bug to find.

com_jce_1574_package
K2_v2.3
plg_jw_allvideos-v3.3_j1.5
mod_aidanews_for_k2_v_1_1_2
jsn_dome_dev_1.6
mod_jw_sir-v1.2_j1.5
es-ES_Joomla_lang_site.1.5.15v1
com_acymailing_starter_2010-09-09

Does anyone know why Session Lifetime has a bearing in this? Is this a bug that might be reported in Joomla or should be reported?

Irish, is there a way you can test this in your environment to see if you can duplicate?

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer.
JC

More
14 years 1 week ago #88358 by irish
Hi JC,
Glad you got somewhere with the issue and thanks for sharing.
Yes I will have some time this weekend to do it. Are you in windows or linux>>>? I only run on linux these days.

Even for development I never had much success with the session limiter, in my environment it always causes problems, so I have always left it at 15 min. Back when I started with Joomla I questioned it but was willing to live with it and never dug any farther. I usually don't get to anal about quarks with software but work around them. Now this will make me go back and hash it out.

Have you tried turning off the cache in k2, duplicate the issue then clear out the joomla cache and your browser to narrow things down?

Almost forgot: How about Joomla Globals (url's, mod rewrite, etc.)

Please keep me posted...
irish

Jorge C said:Hi Irish, Thanks for your time in answering this. I think I found the issue thank God! (at least I can replicate it consistently). I had read somewhere that during development, one should set the Session Lifetime to 999999 or something like that so that you wouldn't get logged out every 15 min. Since I could not remember how many 9's I should put, I would use 99999999.

Last night I re-installed everything and added acymailing_starter just before hitting the bed. Everything worked great and this morning I got up and found out that my session had died. First thing I did: Added 999999999 to the Session Lifetime. Went to K2, added a new articla and the error was back!

Since the session Lifetime was the only thing I had changed since last night, I thought it was a long-shot but I went back and changed it to 15 min, and yes! it was working again!

I then tested with different times, so here are my findings:
Session Lifetime:
999999 (6 x 9's) - Error is back
99999 (6 x 9's) - It works but a bit slow in loading JCE Editor
15 minutes - Loads the JCE Editor at normal speed in either new Article or K2 New Item. Problem is that its too short of time for development.
90 minutes - Loads the JCE Editor at normal speed in either new Article or K2 New Item and its a great session time for development.

Last, this is the plugins/mods I installed in my working configuration and the order I installed them in (don't now if this matters or not). This was a weird bug to find.

com_jce_1574_package
K2_v2.3
plg_jw_allvideos-v3.3_j1.5
mod_aidanews_for_k2_v_1_1_2
jsn_dome_dev_1.6
mod_jw_sir-v1.2_j1.5
es-ES_Joomla_lang_site.1.5.15v1
com_acymailing_starter_2010-09-09

Does anyone know why Session Lifetime has a bearing in this? Is this a bug that might be reported in Joomla or should be reported?

Irish, is there a way you can test this in your environment to see if you can duplicate?

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer.
JC

• Jorge C
More
14 years 1 week ago #88359 by Jorge C
Hi Irish,

I also work in Linux. I have confirmed that the session is the problem. I had a previous parallel installation that was broken, this installation had the above mentioned plugins/mods and plus other ones and it had the same issue from this post. I went back and changed the session to 90 minutes and Voilà! is working again.

I will continue adding mods/plugins and see if it breaks again, but I am pretty sure the session is the culprit.

Thanks again Irish.

JC

More
14 years 1 week ago #88360 by irish
Thanks,
OK, now to find the mouse in the atic. I want to work on this now but cannot. By the way I will be gone the first of next week for a few weeks so will try to get answers by this week end, will let you know by sunday.

Cheers!
irish

Jorge C said:Hi Irish,
I also work in Linux. I have confirmed that the session is the problem. I had a previous parallel installation that was broken, this installation had the above mentioned plugins/mods and plus other ones and it had the same issue from this post. I went back and changed the session to 90 minutes and Voilà! is working again.

I will continue adding mods/plugins and see if it breaks again, but I am pretty sure the session is the culprit.

Thanks again Irish.

JC

More
13 years 10 months ago #88361 by John Christensen
Replied by John Christensen on topic JCE editor and K2 conflicts
Thanks for this.. i just logged out, reset session lifetime to 15 minutes, and JCE is showing up again.. thanks!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #88362 by NOT_YOURS
Replied by NOT_YOURS on topic JCE editor and K2 conflicts
I ran into a similar issue where my pages would go blank in K2 admin. I enabled MCE_editor in the plugins page, kept JCE enabled too... then I went to Site -> Global Configuration -> Site -> and set the default Editor to JCE.

HOPE THIS HELPS MAN!