Keyword

K2 template override problem

• Elvinas Karalis
  • Elvinas Karalis's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #89954 by Elvinas Karalis
K2 template override problem was created by Elvinas Karalis
Hello k2 community.I have a problem - k2 template override is not working for me.I've downloaded community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-template-override-package and uploaded it on my server according to instructions. Renamed folder /templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/default to /templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/mytemplate. In administration panel selected mytemplate for certain categories.I want to edit category's subcategories order listing in my own way. But when i edit /templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/mytemplate/category.php nothing changes. Changes only work when i edit core K2 files in components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php.When i edit /templates/mytemplate/html/css/k2.css changes do work, but i need something more then only css changes.Any one is familiar with such problem?Thank you in advance for any help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #89955 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic K2 template override problem
Are you sure that on the page you wait to see the changes does the mytemplate occur? Could you check your parameters again?

• Elvinas Karalis
More
13 years 11 months ago #89956 by Elvinas Karalis
Replied by Elvinas Karalis on topic K2 template override problem
Hello and thank you for the reply.
Yes, i'm sure. Because when i edit components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php changes do appear.
When i edit /templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/mytemplate/category.php nothing happens. I even deleted part of the code to see if it will produce any error, but still nothing.
I've double checked that in administration panel, in K2 Edit category -> Category item layout -> Select a template mytemplate is selected.
Is there any way of debug it so at least i could see where the error is?

Yiota Ziaggou said:Are you sure that on the page you wait to see the changes does the mytemplate occur? Could you check your parameters again?

• Elvinas Karalis
More
13 years 11 months ago #89957 by Elvinas Karalis
UPDATE: I've downloaded free Pangea K2 template just to see if it will work. And here is the same problem - Pange blog and Pangea original K2 templates do not load.
By the way, i'm using K2 v2.4.1.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89958 by Carlos Salas
Replied by Carlos Salas on topic K2 template override problem
Are you setting the correctly template in "select a template" in category item layout parameters?
Also I recommend to you download and install onecssperK2template plugin this will allow you to "manage" templates with their own css and but with your own override.

Elvinas Karalis said:UPDATE: I've downloaded free Pangea K2 template just to see if it will work. And here is the same problem - Pange blog and Pangea original K2 templates do not load. By the way, i'm using K2 v2.4.1.

• Elvinas Karalis
More
13 years 11 months ago #89959 by Elvinas Karalis
Thank, you for the reply. As i said before:

I've double checked that in administration panel, in K2 Edit category -> Category item layout -> Select a template mytemplate is selected.
Thank you for the advice, i would immediately try onecssperK2template plugin.

Carlos Salas said:Are you setting the correctly template in "select a template" in category item layout parameters? Also I recommend to you download and install onecssperK2template plugin this will allow you to "manage" templates with their own css and but with your own override.

Elvinas Karalis said:UPDATE: I've downloaded free Pangea K2 template just to see if it will work. And here is the same problem - Pange blog and Pangea original K2 templates do not load. By the way, i'm using K2 v2.4.1.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89960 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic K2 template override problem
plz try this :

copy yout template in this folder :

/templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/templates/mytemplate/category.php

More
13 years 11 months ago #89961 by Carlos Salas
Replied by Carlos Salas on topic K2 template override problem
Oh, youre right! hehe (=

Troponin said:plz try this :
copy yout template in this folder :

/templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/templates/mytemplate/category.php

• Elvinas Karalis
More
13 years 11 months ago #89962 by Elvinas Karalis
Thank you all very much for replies.
What has been done:
1. I've put template files into /templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/templates/mytemplate/ . Although in community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-template-override-package they say different. Didn't help.
2. I've downloaded onecssperK2template and tried all possible setting combination in plugin administration meniu. Didn't help.
3. I've cheked mysql data and found that in database everything is also set to mytemplate. So i guess this means that K2 is getting right settings from database but still using default template.

See image attached how my directory structure looks now ("Elvista" is name of my template).

Any more ideas?..
Attachments:

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 11 months ago #89963 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic K2 template override problem
Make sure that the page you are viewing does indeed get the parameters from your template and not from default template.