Keyword

Is there any K2 plugin documentation?

• Dietrich Murphy
  • Dietrich Murphy's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90599 by Dietrich Murphy
Is there any K2 plugin documentation? was created by Dietrich Murphy
Where would I find documentation on writing K2 plugins?  Also, a tutorial would be nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90600 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Is there any K2 plugin documentation?
Attached is a copy of the example plugin file that was posted here. I cannot find the original post, No tutorial, but the code is documented.
Attachments:

• Dietrich Murphy
More
13 years 10 months ago #90601 by Dietrich Murphy
Replied by Dietrich Murphy on topic Is there any K2 plugin documentation?
The documentation in the example is sparse. Where exactly is the code documented?

More
13 years 10 months ago #90602 by william white
The plugins work just like joomla except the events that call them are different. The events are in the source code
I would start reading here
docs.joomla.org/How_to_create_a_content_plugin
and here
docs.joomla.org/Tutorial:Plugins

• Dietrich Murphy
More
13 years 10 months ago #90603 by Dietrich Murphy
The original post is located at community.getk2.org/forum/topics/example-k2-plugin-for

William White said:Attached is a copy of the example plugin file that was posted here. I cannot find the original post, No tutorial, but the code is documented.

• Dietrich Murphy
More
13 years 10 months ago #90604 by Dietrich Murphy
I installed the example in K2. I noticed that the plugin does not show up in the installed plugins list for K2. Also, I installed other K2 plugins. They also do not show in the installed plugins list (except some plugins from joomlaworks). I created my own plugin using the example plugin you provided. It does not show parameter fields on item forms. I looked at the source code. Apparently, K2 goes through the list of K2 plugins and shows parameter fields on forms. However, since my plugin is apparently not recognized as a K2 plugin, K2 does not show my parameter fields. How do I fix this?

• Dietrich Murphy
More
13 years 9 months ago #90605 by Dietrich Murphy
Yes, Joomla recognizes the plugin. Which is what your listing shows. However, K2 does not recognize the plugins. If click on the information tab from the K2 dashboard, the plugin is not listed. How do I fix this?

William White said:

More
13 years 9 months ago #90606 by william white
enable the plugin, and take a look at a category
at the bottom there is a place for a url
My first intall showed that at the bottom of each item. not sure why its not there in this install, remember this was way old plugin and something may have changed with k2 since the time this was first published.
Maby someone else will add to this!

• Dietrich Murphy
More
13 years 9 months ago #90607 by Dietrich Murphy
I downloaded 4 plugins from the JW website. Not one of the plugins uses K2 plugins. I also looked at the source for K2 to see how K2 detects third-party plugins. Apparently, the JW programmers hard coded only 2 JW plugins to make it appear as though K2 was detecting third-party plugins.

Apparently, K2 plugins are not implemented and are so unreliable that even JW does not use them. This is deceiftul and not honest. JW should come clean and notify the joomla community that K2 plugins are not to be used because the code is not reliable. They should also offer a workaround until JW gets the K2 plugins fixed.

More
13 years 9 months ago #90608 by william white
If you downloaded allvideos and sigpro, k2 does use them, they are a part of what makes k2 what it is. Allvideos is free, and sigpro is very reasonable. If they dont work for you there must be a problem with the setup. It is possible that the youtube example does not work as well out of the box with the latest version of K2 as it did with earlier versions, but it works for me. It was intended as an example of "how to" build a K2 plugin and use the on ... events in the code to trigger them. Just because they dont show in the K2 information does not mean they will not be "triggered" by the calling events.