Keyword

White Page when saving item image

• Mihai Nita
  • Mihai Nita's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #93192 by Mihai Nita
White Page when saving item image was created by Mihai Nita
Hi there !

I have a small problem, when i pick an image for the k2 article i'm writing and clicking on "save"or "apply", the whole page turns white and nothing loads...do you know what could be the issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #93193 by william white
Replied by william white on topic White Page when saving item image
Turn error reporting to highest in Joomla - Global Settings - Global tab and see if there is an error.

Check the file you are uploading...Make sure the filename has no spaces or odd characters and is a jpg

Check the k2 information tab and make sure all the settings are ok and none are disables (sig and allvideos excluded)

Check the file size of the file you are uploading and be sure that its not bigger than the max file upload for your configuration.

Is this a new error or is this the first time you have tried to add a picture

• Mihai Nita
More
13 years 8 months ago #93194 by Mihai Nita
Replied by Mihai Nita on topic White Page when saving item image
ok, i have changed the error reporting to maximum and tried to upload the image again..after that i accessed the item in frontpage and the following lines show: 

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$author in/home/rmec1014/public_html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 58Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in/home/rmec1014/public_html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 58

also,i've attached a photo with the location of the text..so, over the "50% reducere la orice..." was the image..it worked fine until i added a module or two, but it was only something about "flash in modules"and "facebook", and also i tried to uninstall them but the problem still exists..

and about the file size, it's about 30kb, i uploaded in joomla articles 300kb and that worked, so it's not about the size of the image..

• Frederic Egersdorfer
More
13 years 8 months ago #93195 by Frederic Egersdorfer
Replied by Frederic Egersdorfer on topic White Page when saving item image
Hi, I'm having a similar issue, but instead with categories...

The environment I'm using is on Windows Vista with a local server to test and build a new website on my laptop before I upload the whole website...
But I need to get it tested first...
I've installed the K2 component along with the K2 store...
Now to add products one needs to obviously first add categories. These categories are where I'm having the issue...

I get into the category editing area only to fail upon saving it.
See after clicking on save / save & New or apply I am redirected directly to a blanc page.
Nothing takes affect. the page is totally white...

Any reasons for this.

• Mihai Nita
More
13 years 8 months ago #93196 by Mihai Nita
so this happened to you with a fresh install of k2..as it happened to me all of the sudden with the image upload..do you know if you receive the same error lines in frontpage? maybe mr. White can help us both with this with one answer :)

Frederic Egersdorfer said:
Hi, I'm having a similar issue, but instead with categories...
The environment I'm using is on Windows Vista with a local server to test and build a new website on my laptop before I upload the whole website...
But I need to get it tested first...
I've installed the K2 component along with the K2 store...
Now to add products one needs to obviously first add categories. These categories are where I'm having the issue...

I get into the category editing area only to fail upon saving it.
See after clicking on save / save & New or apply I am redirected directly to a blanc page.
Nothing takes affect. the page is totally white...

Any reasons for this.

More
13 years 8 months ago #93197 by william white
@Mihai The jpg you posted looks like the front end. Are you adding the images from the front end or the back end?

Also, the "notices" will go away when you turn error reporting off again.

I was looking for an error that would be generated when trying to save an image. Try it from backend and if you use front end editing from there to and see what the errors are.

Did you check the info page for K2? is mb_internal encloding enabled?

• Mihai Nita
More
13 years 8 months ago #93198 by Mihai Nita
I am adding the images from backend in k2>items. Yes, i know about the 'notices', i will turn them off after we solve this issue, with the blank page..So, the steps are: in BACKEND, in the K2 Component, in the "Edit article" menu (like in the image i attached now), after i choose an image (any type of image) and hit "SAVE"or "APPLY", the backend turns white and stops loading..

William White said:
@Mihai The jpg you posted looks like the front end. Are you adding the images from the front end or the back end?

Also, the "notices" will go away when you turn error reporting off again.

I was looking for an error that would be generated when trying to save an image. Try it from backend and if you use front end editing from there to and see what the errors are.

Did you check the info page for K2? is mb_internal encloding enabled?
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #93199 by william white
This could be a problem with the file permissions of the directory where the images are sent to before resizing them.

Check /media/k2/items/src and cache and see if they are writable

If that doesnt solve the issue, i would back up my site completely Akeeba for saftey, and reinstall K2 and see if that corrects the problem.

• Mihai Nita
More
13 years 8 months ago #93200 by Mihai Nita
I checked /media/k2/items/src and cache and they are writable..also i double checked by changing them to permission 777 and still nothing...i worked about 2 weeks on this website and for it to simply get deleted and started over again would be a shame...

I did do a backup with Akeeba about a week ago when the problem didn't exist..Do you think that restoring that backup would work regarding k2? I mean, would this restore the website (including k2) exactly how it was a week ago without losing info? Sorry i am asking you this noob question, but the stress that I would need to start over is exhausting...
William White said:

This could be a problem with the file permissions of the directory where the images are sent to before resizing them.

Check /media/k2/items/src and cache and see if they are writable

If that doesnt solve the issue, i would back up my site completely Akeeba for saftey, and reinstall K2 and see if that corrects the problem.

• Frederic Egersdorfer
More
13 years 8 months ago #93201 by Frederic Egersdorfer
Replied by Frederic Egersdorfer on topic White Page when saving item image
I have not made it that far. I want to use the K2 Store app, and am told that this app, K2 is needed as the K2 store is an extension to that. So yes, on a fresh install, I have experienced this issue.

I may just uninstall and redo, but it depends on the solution.
I will be uploading to a server soon, so maybe it will work there for me...

But for now,
A) I'm experiencing this issue
B) no, not seen any errors, just a blank page in the back end, not gone to front end yet.