Keyword

Category Vidéo wall

• jbmaury
  • jbmaury's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93609 by jbmaury
Category Vidéo wall was created by jbmaury
Hello everybody,

i would like to creating an Homepage with a video wall. The vidéos from the K2 articles: just vidéo and the article at the bottom.

It seams not really simple to get that result with the category options...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93610 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Category Vidéo wall
You can link to an Item. Or use Items url as extern link in Menu manager.

But you mix singular and plural. Do you want one video or several videos at Homepage ?

One Article, or something as Seyret extension ?

However, it is easy both ways.

• jbmaury
More
13 years 7 months ago #93611 by jbmaury
Replied by jbmaury on topic Category Vidéo wall
Hello

Thanks for your reply.

I would like tro have several videos on the Home page, like seyret extension.

I want to see only the video and the title of each article...

JB.

BBC said:

You can link to an Item. Or use Items url as extern link in Menu manager.

But you mix singular and plural. Do you want one video or several videos at Homepage ?

One Article, or something as Seyret extension ?

However, it is easy both ways.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93612 by Jeff Whitmore
Replied by Jeff Whitmore on topic Category Vidéo wall
You should be able to recreate most seyret features in K2 no problem.

I'm working on something similar at the moment.

dev.ernieball.com/tv

username: demo

password: demo

I'm not using the video player that comes with K2.

I'm using the commercial version of Flowplayer, but the non-commercial version should work too but would have Flowplayer branding on it.

To accomplish using Flowplayer instead of the native K2 video support I created a new category for videos.

I created a new template for my video category and edited item.php & category_item.php to contain the flowplayer code. I use K2 to upload the image for the video and the video itself. I do need to manually create the image for the video and for most of my videos I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm still in proof of concept mode.

So far I'm creating my video images using ffmpeg and issuing the following command to create the image per instructions on the flowplayer site:

ffmpeg  -ss 12 -i myvideo.mp4 -f image2 -vframes 1 myvideo.jpg

I've attached my item.php and category_item.php files for reference. It's still not perfect but works.

To get the items to appear on the home page I would probably use the k2 content module and then use Modules Anywhere to place the module on the home page. 

Right now I have to make sure in my category options to hide the videos in category views and item views, which in this case works for me since I don't want it to show the K2 video player at all. Eventually I plan to edit item.php and category_item.php and remove the code for the K2 video player and replace it with Flowplayer, but it still works for now.

• jbmaury
More
13 years 7 months ago #93613 by jbmaury
Thank you very much.

I don't if it will be MY solution, but it's to share your work.

I like this player, much more the AV included.

I 'll study on templates.

My goal is to see a video thumbnail were no image uploading was neaded....

A suivre ...

Thanks again

More
13 years 7 months ago #93614 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Category Vidéo wall
It cannot be simpler than his solution.

If you don´t like this layout in frontpage, rearange things and style template as you wish.

2 or more columns, etc....

Regarding automatic thumb making, there is no extensions that can do this. Don´t know if Seyret can make them automatically.

With K2 solution for Videos you have it easier after, when you add or edit new videos.

• jbmaury
More
13 years 7 months ago #93615 by jbmaury
At this time, i followed your example : the items are shown in the K2 content module with a picture ....

An i'm testing the Flowplayer on a test site.

As you seams stronger than me, could you tell me where i could change the items title présnetation in the K2 modules.

I would like to eliminate the bullet and center the texte...

Thanks again

Aaron Wilson said:

You should be able to recreate most seyret features in K2 no problem.

I'm working on something similar at the moment.

dev.ernieball.com/tv

username: demo

password: demo

I'm not using the video player that comes with K2.

I'm using the commercial version of Flowplayer, but the non-commercial version should work too but would have Flowplayer branding on it.

To accomplish using Flowplayer instead of the native K2 video support I created a new category for videos.

I created a new template for my video category and edited item.php & category_item.php to contain the flowplayer code. I use K2 to upload the image for the video and the video itself. I do need to manually create the image for the video and for most of my videos I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm still in proof of concept mode.

So far I'm creating my video images using ffmpeg and issuing the following command to create the image per instructions on the flowplayer site:

ffmpeg  -ss 12 -i myvideo.mp4 -f image2 -vframes 1 myvideo.jpg

I've attached my item.php and category_item.php files for reference. It's still not perfect but works.

To get the items to appear on the home page I would probably use the k2 content module and then use Modules Anywhere to place the module on the home page. 

Right now I have to make sure in my category options to hide the videos in category views and item views, which in this case works for me since I don't want it to show the K2 video player at all. Eventually I plan to edit item.php and category_item.php and remove the code for the K2 video player and replace it with Flowplayer, but it still works for now.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93616 by Jeff Whitmore
Replied by Jeff Whitmore on topic Category Vidéo wall
I use CSS4K2 plugin to allow me to overide stuff in the default k2.css file. Then you can either use Firefox with the Firebug extension or use Chrome and "Inspect Element" to see what CSS rules controls the bullets. I usually copy the entire block of CSS from K2.css and paste it into my overide CSS file and then edit accordingly to do whatever... remove bullets from unordered lists, adjust padding, margins, text size/alignment, etc.

For CSS4K2 to work you will need to have created a template for your category.

If your K2 category template is called "video" for example then your override CSS file would need to be called "video_style.css" and put it in the K2 category template folder.