Keyword

new server, k2 sef not working

• michael neese
  • michael neese's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93812 by michael neese
new server, k2 sef not working was created by michael neese
Used the Akeeba pro backup to move site to new server....

Items and k2 menus do not work on new server when the Joomla "sef" is enabled...

Mod-rewrite is on,and the .htaccess file is in place (default) joomla, with no editing...

Is there some additional process that must be done for updating? Do I need to manually rewrite the "alias" for items and menus?

gertrudezachary.com

...sefs urls are off....mod-rerite on...add url suffixes off...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93813 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic new server, k2 sef not working
Try to set real livesite parameter in configuration.php, if you didn´t done that.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93814 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic new server, k2 sef not working
and clean your cache (even better, don't include it in your Akeeba backup, solves many problems).

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
More
13 years 7 months ago #93815 by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos
Replied by Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos on topic new server, k2 sef not working
The cache is never included in the backup set ;) One of the magic tricks Akeeba Backup does, for your convenience, is to automatically exclude the files and directories inside your cache and tmp directories.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93816 by Olivier Karfis
Damn you Nikos and your Google Alerts.   You just can't ignore it when I say stupid things can you! ;-)

I had forgotten that you had pre-excluded these folders (I now see the red vs. yellow selection).

--Olivier

Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos said:

The cache is never included in the backup set ;) One of the magic tricks Akeeba Backup does, for your convenience, is to automatically exclude the files and directories inside your cache and tmp directories.

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 7 months ago #93817 by michael neese
Replied by michael neese on topic new server, k2 sef not working
thanks for the responses...I have updated the "livesite" for three or four of the moved joomla sites on the new server...

However, the sites still will not function correctly when the sef url option is enabled...apparently it has nothing to do with K2 menus or K2 items...I can open the homepage, but when selecting ANY menu item, whether it is joomla article or K2 item, or blog category (whatever) it will give me a 404 error...

Only unique thing that i can spot is that the config.php file is 444 permission and not 644 like every other file on the site...is this default and is this configured this way through the backup (i know this is not akeeba), but I have a thread going here, and maybe nicholas will just appear, gazing at my dilemma...

Rochen is the host

More
13 years 7 months ago #93818 by Olivier Karfis
I don't think that the file being 444 should affect the way your site runs (I've checked and some of my sites have it also in 444, some in 644 without issues).  

Sorry to ask the obvious question but since your config.php file is indeed 444, are you sure that when you saved your livesite var, it was actually updated correctly? (you can check in Help->System Info->Configuration File

--Olivier

More
13 years 7 months ago #93819 by michael neese
yes, i had to change permissions first to edit, then re-change back to 444...

Where is one of those greek genius guys when you need them...

Wait, i'm sorry, apparently you are of greek heritage also. (if not so, please take no offense)

Thanks for your responses. Rochen has no answer for this either....

More
13 years 7 months ago #93820 by Olivier Karfis
No sweat, I'm 1/2 French, 1/2 Greek so I guess I'm just a demi-genius ;-)

Can you show us an example of the URL on your local working site vs. the one that the live site is giving you?

Not sure why this is happening but couple of thoughts:

* Can you do a hardcoded redirect in the .htaccess file to see if mod_rewrite is actually working?

* Try to move the Akeeba archive that you used on that server to another server to see if this was server related or maybe something to do with the backup itself?

--Olivier

More
13 years 7 months ago #93821 by michael neese
Can you explain "hardcoded redirect in the .htaccess file to see if mod_rewrite is actually working?" ??

Would that be a "?" added to the htaccess file? Please give me an example and I will try this on a not important site...

url for joomla sites that has sef url disabled...studiosevenproductions.com...douglasmagnus.com...

See what you think for those...