Keyword

Bullets in the CSS on the toolbar and module...

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #94841 by Different Color
Bullets in the CSS on the toolbar and module... was created by Different Color
I know this has been discussed... I've read the discussions.  I've put background-image: none and list-style: none on everything I can find that's related to ul or li or both... I included this in my template style sheet too: 

div.k2ItemsBlock ul li,div.itemToolbar ul li {background-image:none; list-style:none;}

behrcommunications.com/blog/item/1-communications-audits

What now!?  I'm so annoyed, because I've been spinning my wheels on this dang bullet problem.  I can't get rid of the bullets in my template because I use them on other pages - this is how I've solved the K2 styling problems in the past.  

What's wrong with my template(s)?  

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94842 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Bullets in the CSS on the toolbar and module...
Add the following to your k2 css.

.itemToolbar li {background:none !important;}

More
13 years 5 months ago #94843 by canderson
Replied by canderson on topic Bullets in the CSS on the toolbar and module...
I'm having the exact same issue and adding the code made no difference. Example: www.papublicmedia.org/cancer-br-treatments/test-story-5-31611

More
13 years 5 months ago #94844 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Bullets in the CSS on the toolbar and module...
I get a 404 Not Found on your link.

More
13 years 5 months ago #94845 by canderson
Sorry about that, I have been adjusting sef settings. I actually fixed the problem. In my thirdparty.css with the itemToolbar ul I added a list-style:none to solve the problem. Example: www.papublicmedia.org/cancer-and-treatments/test-story-5-31611

More
13 years 5 months ago #94846 by Terry Britton
Looks good.  You might want to add a display:inline to the list of tags and then edit the code to add commas after each tag.

More
13 years 5 months ago #94847 by canderson
Actually that is something I was hoping to do but wasn't sure the best way. Do you have any ideas what kind of code I could add to make them list with commas instead of how they are now? :)

Thank you!

More
13 years 5 months ago #94848 by Terry Britton
First setup template overrides if you haven't already, then in item.php (line 332) replace the following:

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemTags') && count($this->item->tags)): ?>   <!-- Item tags -->   <div class="itemTagsBlock">    <span><?php echo JText::_("Tagged under"); ?></span>    <ul class="itemTags">      <?php foreach ($this->item->tags as $tag): ?>      <li><a href="<?php echo $tag->link; ?>"><?php echo $tag->name; ?></a></li>      <?php endforeach; ?>    </ul>    <div class="clr"></div>   </div>   <?php endif; ?>

With this:

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemTags') && count($this->item->tags)): ?>   <div class="itemTagsBlock">      <!-- terry added seperator for tags -->    <span><?php echo JText::_("Tags:"); ?></span>      <ul class="itemTags">      <?php $count_tags = 0; ?>      <?php foreach ($this->item->tags as $tag): ?>      <?php if ($count_tags > 0) { ; ?>       <li>|  <a href="<?php echo $tag->link; ?>"><?php echo $tag->name; ?></a></li>      <?php } else { ?>       <li><a href="<?php echo $tag->link; ?>"><?php echo $tag->name; ?></a></li>      <?php } ?>      <?php $count_tags = $count_tags + 1; ?>      <?php endforeach; ?>    </ul>    <div class="clr"></div>   </div>   <?php endif; ?>

I used pipe signs, or you can just replace the pipe sign with a comma.  For the css I used display:inline and list-style:none.  Hope this helps.

More
13 years 5 months ago #94849 by canderson
Thank you so much. I tried this (switched the PHP) and created a css but I think I messed up the CSS part. Where/what exactly should I enter for this change to take place?

I put the css file in the thirdparty.css with the first mention of itemTagBlock to no avail.

More
13 years 5 months ago #94850 by Terry Britton
Add the following to your css file.   I would just use the K2 css file so you don't affect other components.

.itemTagsBlock ul, .itemTagsBlock li {list-style:none !important; display:inline !important;}

If you don't already you should try using Firefox with Firebug to view and modify your css.  It works great, although I hate the new gantry templates from Rockettheme because all they've done is make the css more confusing.