Keyword

K2 and Joomla 1.6 -

• Yamin Zakaria
  • Yamin Zakaria's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96934 by Yamin Zakaria
K2 and Joomla 1.6 - was created by Yamin Zakaria
Hi

I hear that after J.16. K2 does not offer anything extra as J1.6 has a lot of the feature (esp nested categories) inbuilt. Is this true? Or maybe I can use some other extensions from K2 with J1.6.

Regards

Yamin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96935 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 and Joomla 1.6 -
Its just a bit early but, the svn of k2 will already load with 1.6. Althought 1.6 allows nested categories, i dont think it gives the built in (assuming you use sig and all videos) of

Paticular Item images

Automatic ability for attachments to items

Built in videos for items

and a built in commenting system...

k2 with 1.5 is better

K2 with 1.6 will be even better, IMHO

• Yamin Zakaria
More
13 years 4 months ago #96936 by Yamin Zakaria
Replied by Yamin Zakaria on topic K2 and Joomla 1.6 -
Hi

Does this mean we can install the current version  of K2 with 1.6?  If 1.6 has a lot of the features can you be elective and install the parts missing?

Regards

Yamin

More
13 years 4 months ago #96937 by Simon Olsen
Replied by Simon Olsen on topic K2 and Joomla 1.6 -
Only just found out about K2 SVN for Joomla 1.6. Just installed and about to start trying it out. I'll let you know how I go.

And just a quick note of Joomla 1.6 (nested categories) vs K2. K2 is still the ultimate winner. The ability to upload images easily, create image galleries and add video from YouTube or Vimeo still beats the current extensions that would do the same for standard Joomla 1.6 articles. I've looked around for equivalent extensions that will display my YouTube videos or website portfolio, and they just don't stack up.

Look forward to seeing how SVN goes with 1.6.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96938 by Justin Time
Replied by Justin Time on topic K2 and Joomla 1.6 -
Have J1.6.3 installed and tried to install the SVN.  It installs okay but I get the error message: "Error building Admin Menus".  As a consequence you cannot access K2 at all.  Ideas?

More
13 years 3 months ago #96939 by Simon Olsen
I have a few chunks of feedback on K2 SVN. Should I post them here or is there somewhere I can post my findings that will better help the development of K2 for Joomla 1.6?

More
13 years 3 months ago #96940 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 and Joomla 1.6 -
@Simon,

There's a bug tracker linked from the getk2.org page

code.google.com/p/getk2/issues/list

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Yamin Zakaria
More
13 years 3 months ago #96941 by Yamin Zakaria
HiI want to dispaly 2 or 3 lead articles, then blow it I want to display various sections/categories each showing 5 recent articles as link. Similar to the site here www.mediamonitors.net. Is there a way to do this or do I need something like K2? RegardsYamin

More
13 years 3 months ago #96942 by Simon Olsen
K2 would be the best way of displaying it easily, compared to J1.6. Create your K2 categories with Items, then create a new Menu Item: K2 => Categories.

Select your categories,then in the Layout options for multiple category selection, set your Leading count to 2 or 3, with 1 column, then 0 for Primary and Secondary Count, then 10 for your Links count, and 2 columns for links (so 5 in each column).

Alternatively, if you wanted each column of links to contain only one category per column, I'd set the Links in the Menu Item to 0, then use modules for the columns, enabled below the Main Content area. Create a K2 Content module for each category, select the category and make the Item count 5.

Yamin Zakaria said:

I want to dispaly 2 or 3 lead articles, then blow it I want to display various sections/categories each showing 5 recent articles as link. Similar to the site here www.mediamonitors.net. Yamin

• Yamin Zakaria
More
13 years 3 months ago #96943 by Yamin Zakaria
Ok I am gone import all the articles to K2 from Joomla and try to do that. It sort of makes sense what you suggested but I would have to try this for real.

regards

Yamin