Keyword

Items not displaying in three columns correctly

• atoddvr6
  • atoddvr6's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100687 by atoddvr6
Hello,

I have been using K2 for a while and every now and then I need to make a page with many items on the page. I have K2 set to display only secondary items in 3 columns. The problem is that at a certain point the items start showing up on the page totally screwed up. The first three or so rows will be fine but after that the items show up in one column and on top of each other. See image:

Attachment not found

I don't know what is going on. All I am doing is adding items. I have noticed that if I set the ordering to "Ordering" and arrange and save the order in the backend it seems to help a little. But as I add more items it just keeps doing the same thing and it doesn't matter whether I save a new order or not. I have tried using different ordering methods and changing pagination and other setting but nothing works. The one time I had this problem before I set it to title-alphabetical and everything showed up in three columns perfectly but this time nothing is working. I haven't made any major changes to the default template or any other mods so I don't know what could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this will help or not but if I look at the code source, here is what I see. This is a correctly displaying item in a 3 column setup (collapsed to save space):

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100688 by Lefteris
Hi. First of all the K2 2.5.4 version that you are using is outdated. You should update to the latest stable. Secondly, K2 includes some options for setting up your grid. If you are not familiar with HTML/CSS you can use those options instead of writing custom code.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• atoddvr6
More
12 years 2 months ago #100689 by atoddvr6
Updated. Same problem. Where are these "options" you are referring to. I am very familiar with HTML/CSS but I would prefer to make changes using built in options from K2 before digging into the code.

• atoddvr6
More
12 years 2 months ago #100690 by atoddvr6
Does anyone have any ideas? Here is [url=http://http://www.uloft.com/quickship]link to the page[/url]. Are there other options for adjusting the grid, besides what is in the image below, that I am unaware of? These are the current settings for the category I am having issues with.

Attachment not found

Attachments:

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 2 months ago #100691 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Items not displaying in three columns correctly
Did you try setting the 3 columns for secondary only and leave the rest to 0 ?

K2 Rocks \m/

• atoddvr6
More
12 years 2 months ago #100692 by atoddvr6
Yes. I just tried setting everything to zero except for secondary and nothing changed.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100693 by Lefteris
Hi. Make sure that you have not removed any code from the K2 template files. Also if you are making a menu link to more than one categories, you need to set those settings in the menu link options.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• atoddvr6
More
12 years 2 months ago #100694 by atoddvr6
I haven't removed any code. I do have a menu link but it is only going to one category so the settings are greyed out.

Thanks for all the ideas so far.

• atoddvr6
More
12 years 2 months ago #100695 by atoddvr6
I figured it out! In each description, I put the item number at the top surrounded by a <div> and italicized. Then I put a "Read More" under it and then the main description. There were seven items where the closing <div> was in the wrong place for some reason. It was showing up after the read more line. I know it's just because I was just using the drop downs and buttons of the editor instead of writing the code myself but hey, its faster that way and I am limited on time.

So anyway, it's fixed. By the way, I am using JCE as my editor. I'm just glad it was something simple and not a major PHP issue. Hope this helps someone who has a similar problem.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100696 by Dimitris

Andrew Todd wrote: I figured it out! In each description, I put the item number at the top surrounded by a <div> and italicized. Then I put a "Read More" under it and then the main description. There were seven items where the closing <div> was in the wrong place for some reason. It was showing up after the read more line. I know it's just because I was just using the drop downs and buttons of the editor instead of writing the code myself but hey, its faster that way and I am limited on time.

So anyway, it's fixed. By the way, I am using JCE as my editor. I'm just glad it was something simple and not a major PHP issue. Hope this helps someone who has a similar problem.

Just wanted to say thank you since I had exactly the same problem!!! And you helped me save precious time!