Keyword

User choose K2 User Group during registration

More
12 years 1 month ago #102516 by Rambo
Can someone help me with this?

I want, new users to choose a K2 User Group when they make registration (from frontend).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102517 by Lefteris
Hi. You cannot do this using K2 out of the box. You need to write a K2 plugin. Of course this assumes that you are familiar with programming.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #102518 by Rambo
I can only modify somethings, but i cant create plugin from scrap :blush:

More
12 years 1 month ago #102519 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: User choose K2 User Group during registration
Hi Lefteris,

I think this is a very needed feature for K2 and I for one would purchase such a plugin, any chance that you could develop one for us.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102520 by Lefteris
What's the use case for this? I mean that K2 has an option on administration group to define the default K2 user group for new users. This should be enough, you do not want your users to select the group they will be registered. Remember that different groups may have different permissions on front-end editing etc.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #102521 by Rambo
Form my case, i need this for permissions to different categories. When user choose a group, he will can post articles in certain category ONLY.

The site will be big and there is no option to do this manual.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102522 by Lefteris
This is very special situation. Ther code you need to modify is located in two files:

1. The register.php layout where you need to place the groups the user needs to select
2. The K2 user plugin which is the one that saves the user to the predefined user group.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 1 month ago #102523 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: User choose K2 User Group during registration
Hi Lefteris,

I think mine is a similar scenario to Rambo, I was thinking of trying to use K2 as a Directory using different categories for different Directory types but maybe JReviews or Mossets tree is a easier option. But it's a shame K2 can't be used for this. Would really like to see a Tutorial showing the code needed to add to register.php layout & in the user plugin.

thx in advance Pete

More
12 years 1 week ago #102524 by Haider Tareen
Replied by Haider Tareen on topic Re: User choose K2 User Group during registration
Hi,
this plugin is very important in k2
i need it because im creating a community site for education
When a user is going to register he will choose is category such as, student, teacher, Marketing, Hostel Posting, or general user
it will help user to have select there category and submit posting to only there relevant category
if admin do this in the absence of plugin. then admin has to ask every user, for there category which is difficult for large site
Thanks

Same concepts can be apply on different scenario
such as car market, Blogging,

More
11 years 10 months ago #102525 by larry
Yes i agree. i have Extendreg that gives this ability. However, doesn't work with K2.
This is a key feature that a lot of people would utilize.