JModel vs K2Model - fatal error

• Vio Stepanov
  • Vio  Stepanov's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 day ago #104359 by Vio Stepanov
JModel vs K2Model - fatal error was created by Vio Stepanov
joomla 1.7
k2 updated to version 2.6.0, and immediately there was an error -

Fatal error: Cannot make static method JModel::addIncludePath() non static in class K2Model in /home/pxxxxx/www/mysite.com/administrator/components/com_k2/models/model.php on line 40

in the backend, we can not act, constantly displays the indicated error, my site is dead, what to do? Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 14 hours ago #104360 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: JModel vs K2Model - fatal error
Hi. K2 only supports Joomla! 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0. Other versions of Joomla! are not supported in K2. 2.6. You should update Joomla! to 2.5 or go back to K2 2.5.7.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 7 hours ago #104361 by coen
Replied by coen on topic Re: JModel vs K2Model - fatal error
Same error here.
We cannot do anything!

Please help in how to reach our backoffice again
What can we do?

More
12 years 6 hours ago #104362 by Lefteris
The release announcement states clearly that K2 2.6 is only compatible with Joomla! 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0 only. Try to go back to K2 2.5.7. If you have no admin access place the package contentns using FTP.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 3 hours ago #104363 by coen
Hi, can you please give some more details how to fix this or how to get access to the backoffice? Our site is now offline and as we have no access to our backoffice we cannot deinstall the component. What should we change through FTP? We don't have K2 2.5.7.

Thanks in advance!

More
12 years 3 hours ago #104364 by Gregwh
Replied by Gregwh on topic Re: JModel vs K2Model - fatal error

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Hi. K2 only supports Joomla! 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0. Other versions of Joomla! are not supported in K2. 2.6. You should update Joomla! to 2.5 or go back to K2 2.5.7.

The error I get as soon as I logon to the backend is:

"Model Class cpanelModelCpanel not found in file"

....which is odd. I dont use cPanel to administer the backend of my K2 site. This error has ONLY occurred ever since I updated to the latest K2. I had updated to the latest Joomla, version 2.5.7, the week before K2 was updated.

While this error doesnt stop me administering in the backend in K2 or even in Joomla, it is a definite worry.

To the person who cannot get to the backend of their site any longer, you might contact your site hosting agent. I host my own stuff as a reseller through Hostgator. They keep automatic updates and can revert your site to an earlier version if needed. Your hosting agent may be able to do the same for you.

More
12 years 2 hours ago #104365 by Gregwh
Replied by Gregwh on topic Re: JModel vs K2Model - fatal error

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: The release announcement states clearly that K2 2.6 is only compatible with Joomla! 1.5, 2.5 and 3.0 only. Try to go back to K2 2.5.7. If you have no admin access place the package contentns using FTP.

PS,

There was no announcement about compatibility when I updated. There was only the notice on the Joomla panel that there was an update to be had. You click on it and it says K2 and that is that. There was no notice at all.

I am using Joomla 2.5.7.

More
11 years 11 months ago #104366 by coen
Hello,

Where can I find K2 2.5.7? Do I just need to exchange the files in the component directory?

thnx

More
11 years 11 months ago #104367 by Lefteris
For anyone using Joomla! 1.6/1.7 and getting this error the K2 2.5.7 package can be found at getk2.org/downloads/?f=K2_v2.5.7.zip

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
11 years 11 months ago #104368 by coen
Thnx. So how to proceed? Do we need to look for the individual K2 files in the public HTML directory and replace them?