Keyword

Comments only for registered users

• Szagun
  • Szagun's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105492 by Szagun
Comments only for registered users was created by Szagun
Hello everyone!

I use k2 version 2.6.1 and template from Gavick (League News).
I have a problem with adding comments. I set option, that only registered users can add new comments in news. Unfortuntelly, when i login as a user (registered) in my site and i want to add comments, there's no possibility to do it (there's no window to write comment). I can only add comments, when i set option, that everyone (registered and public) can add new comments.

Can you help me?:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105493 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Comments only for registered users
Hi. Ensure that the account you are using to log in belongs to a K2 user group with the permission to post comments.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #105494 by Medina M
Replied by Medina M on topic Re: Comments only for registered users

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Hi. Ensure that the account you are using to log in belongs to a K2 user group with the permission to post comments.

Hello
i am having the same problem
i have checked - user belongs to K2 users, and settings for registered users says they may post comments and nothing more. but still it is not working.

on the other hand, when i install the same stuff on my PC , comments start working

what is the problem i could not get. and i wonder if i buy the extension JL Comments PRO will it work just the same as the general K2 comments do

thanks

• Szagun
More
11 years 11 months ago #105495 by Szagun
Replied by Szagun on topic Re: Comments only for registered users

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Hi. Ensure that the account you are using to log in belongs to a K2 user group with the permission to post comments.

I checked i, but it still doesn't work. Regstered users are allowed to add comments (in back-end), but in the front-end this option is invisible.
Can U help me?

More
11 years 11 months ago #105496 by Lefteris
I didn't say to check that the user is registered. I said that you need to check that the K2 user group has the permission to post comments. You can see that in the K2 user group edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
11 years 11 months ago #105497 by Medina M

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: I didn't say to check that the user is registered. I said that you need to check that the K2 user group has the permission to post comments. You can see that in the K2 user group edit page.

this is what i wrote: and settings for registered users says they may post comments

• Szagun
More
11 years 11 months ago #105498 by Szagun
Replied by Szagun on topic Re: Comments only for registered users

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: I didn't say to check that the user is registered. I said that you need to check that the K2 user group has the permission to post comments. You can see that in the K2 user group edit page.

Yes, i know what you mean.
There is a print screen (komenatrze = comments; TAK = yes).

Attachment not found

Attachments:

More
11 years 11 months ago #105499 by Lefteris
The user needs to belong to this K2 group, not just the Joomla! user group. Open the K2 user and make sure that belongs to a K2 user group. Click save, not cancel. If after that you are still facing issues, try to switch to the default Joomla! template, just in case the issue is in template overrides.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
11 years 11 months ago #105500 by Medina M

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: The user needs to belong to this K2 group, not just the Joomla! user group. Open the K2 user and make sure that belongs to a K2 user group. Click save, not cancel. If after that you are still facing issues, try to switch to the default Joomla! template, just in case the issue is in template overrides.

mu user belongs to the group wich has the right to post comments.

and even now he cannot post any comments

on the local computer i can post comments. once i go to my published website - comments posting is no longer available for registered users

you say we have got to switch to the default joomla template - but i need this template - not the joomla default one.. what to do now?

thanks

More
11 years 11 months ago #105501 by Lefteris
Check that your template overrides have the correct code inside them ( as the default layouts that are bundled with K2).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---