Keyword

[SOLVED] Front-End 'Edit Item' Button Not Showing

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105619 by Dave
Hi

I am using Joomla 2.5.7 and K2 2.6.1.

I want to use front-end editing so I've setup a User Group 'Admin' and assigned two users to that User Group one is me (Super Admin) and one is the client (Admin). They have all permissions available (post comments, add pages etc.).

I have two K2 Item Categories setup: Page Content and Menus (it's a restaurant website)

The 'Edit Item' button in the front end appears and works fine for the 'Page Content' items, but won't show up at all for the Items assigned to the Menus category. The weird thing is, I even tried changing the items assigned to 'Menus' to the 'Page Content' category but that still won't solve it. I can't work out why the Edit Item button won't show up for the Menus! I've tried Firefox, Chrome and IE, same results in all.

The structure of the pages is (e.g.) www.domain.co.uk/menus/lunch-menu so I tried moving the menu items so that they weren't a sub-menu of 'Menus' but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105620 by Lefteris
Hi. Check that the K2 user group has the appropriate permissions for the "Menus" category too.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #105621 by Dave
Hi, thanks for your reply

Yes, the user group has all permissions for all categories.

The strange this is though, I have been building another site today (another restaurant) but the whole site has just one K2 Item category for all items. The same thing is happening on that site though!! The only similarity between the two sites is that the different food menus are sub-menus of the main 'menu' menu item.

So it can't be category related but maybe it's when there are sub-menu items? But I have tried changing them to top level menu items and they still won't work!

Really confused on this one.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105622 by Cinzia
Hello!
I had same problem...
I have set the K2 user group to have front end access, set the joomla acccount part of that group and set the option to enable front end editing, but I didn't find the front-end edit link for K2 items...

Solved as follow: Edit category (your category item) > Item view options > Title: Show

Hope it helps..

More
11 years 11 months ago #105623 by Dave
Cinzia thank you, that solved the problem!! What a strange bug!

Such a relief, thank you!

:)

More
10 years 4 months ago #105624 by Athanasios
Θα χρειαστώ την βοήθειά σας στην επίλυση ενώς προβλήματος ! Παρακαλώ επικοινωνήστε μαζί μου στο mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. είναι άμεση ανάγκη ! Ευχαριστώ πολύ !

More
10 years 4 months ago #105625 by Lefteris
@Athanasios

First of all you should only write in English so any benefits of this conversation are understandable also by the rest members of the community. Secondly, you have written your email in a public forum which is not a good idea. Finally if you have any issue regarding K2, please provide some details on it so we can try to help you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 4 months ago #105626 by Athanasios
I understand that there are other users too but my english are not so good so i cant tell you exactly what is my problem ! So can you please help me in my language ?!

More
10 years 4 months ago #105627 by Lefteris
Don't worry about your english. After all they seem fine. So what's the actual issue with K2?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 4 months ago #105628 by Athanasios
I m trying to figure out how to make a button for a registered user , to let him create a k2 article