Keyword

K2 Migration to Joomla 3 category issue

• ljk
  • ljk's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #119576 by ljk
Hi,

We have a Joomla 1.5.26 site running K2 2.6.7. I am in the process of migrating the site to Joomla 3.1.5 and K2 2.6.7. I have used spUpgrade to do the site migration and the K2 migration.

I have a menu item of type Categories. I have set it to display all categories. I am using the default template. But when I go to the category page, the first item is displayed, but the subsequent items just show the Featured image and the divider between the items. I don't know why all 6 items I have requested that the menu item display, is not displaying all items like it should be. See: www.upgrade.mikestewart.ca/listings/

Has anyone else had this issue or know why the second and subsquent items are not being displayed?

I have leading count=0
Primary count=6
Secondary count=0

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119577 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Migration to Joomla 3 category issue
Hello Laurelle,

Have you tried the new DB on a fresh Joomla!/K2 installation? I am afraid something went wrong during the upgrade.

Finally have you tried repairing your DB tables? Reinstalling K2 on top might help as well.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• ljk
More
10 years 11 months ago #119578 by ljk
Hi,

I went to Joomla's Extensions > Database and it is saying that the "Database table structure is up to date." So there is nothing to fix there.

I have tried re-installing K2 and that didn't change anything either.

This site has hundreds of K2 items, so I need to migrate the data and get it to work.

Any other ideas?

Thank you for your suggestions.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119579 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Migration to Joomla 3 category issue
I would try repairing the tables from your phpMyAdmin interface.

If your site has hunderds of items and you have already suffered a failure, I think migration and not upgrade is the best choice in the long run.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• ljk
More
10 years 11 months ago #119580 by ljk
Hi,

I have done the repair on the db tables. What I did notice is that the k2 tables are MyISAM and the rest of the tables are InnoDB. I don't know if that could be part of the problem?

Anyhow the table repair didn't make any difference. I have also tried using the default Protostar template along with the default K2 template and still no luck. Only the first item is displayed and the featured flag for subsequent items. If I don't a

I don't understand what you mean by this sentence: "I think migration and not upgrade is the best choice in the long run". The Joomla 1.5 site is fine, doesn't have the issue with the category page. I did do a Joomla migration using the spUpgrade script. What do you define as upgrade and what as migration?

On the first item $this->item->params->get('catItemTitle') is true but on the second item it is false. It is like the $this->item->params is pointing to somewhere different for the second and subsequent items than it is for the first item. I added this code to the category_item.php:
echo 'Category= '.$this->item->categoryname.'<br /> print title= '.$this->item->params->get('catItemTitle');
As you can see here: www.upgrade.mikestewart.ca/listings/ the difference between them.

Thank you.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119581 by Krikor Boghossian

I did do a Joomla migration using the spUpgrade script. What do you define as upgrade and what as migration?

An upgrade is simply upgrating the site's version and a migration is starting with a clean Joomla!/k2 installation and migrating just your content and your users (though db tables etc.)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• ljk
More
10 years 11 months ago #119582 by ljk
Hi,

That is what I did a clean Joomla 3 with K2 and then migrated the tables using spUpgrade.

But the category page is not working properly. Why would the parameters be different for one item compared to another item in the same category, like Show Title? The aren't different on the Joomla 1.5 K2 site.

• ljk
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #119583 by ljk
Hi,

I just did another 'migration' and the category page was working fine.

I have finally narrowed down what is causing the issue. As soon as I enable the chronoforms plugin I get the following error on the item details page:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/username/public_html/vanclistings/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 457. But the chronoform is displaying correctly on the item details page.

Then when I go to the category page only the first item is showing and the featured flag is all that displays for the following items on the category page.

So something with k2 and chronoforms plugin is causing the issue. If I go back and display the chronoforms plugin all the listing show up again.

I am using the default protostar template and the default k2 template for doing this testing, so it isn't something to do with my template or my k2 template.

Any idea how to get k2 and chronoforms to play nice with each other?

Thank you.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #119584 by Krikor Boghossian
Are you using Chronoforms latest version.

I have seen several K2 sites using this component with no issue whatsoever. I have used it myself too.

Finally you can try reordering the plugins to see if that solved this issue. Eg. set the K2 or Chronoform system plugin's ordering to -1

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• ljk
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #119585 by ljk
Hi,

Yes, I am using chronoforms 4.0.2 and chronoforms content plugin 4.0 RC 3.5.3 for Joomla 3. Chronoforms is a content plugin not a system plugin.

Joomla 3 doesn't have numbers for ordering, drag & drop now.

I tried changing the ordering of the system K2 plugin and the content chronoforms plugin, but it didn't make any difference.

Something with the plugin is causing an issue since disabling it makes the problem go away and enabling it makes the problem come back.

Any other ideas?

Would access to the site help at all?

Thank you.