Keyword

K2 Item TAG selection not working

More
10 years 10 months ago #120520 by Fred
K2 Item TAG selection not working was created by Fred
Hi,

When entering a K2 item, the TAG Selection shows a list of TAGs on the left, and a blank box for Selected TAGs on the right. Between them is an option to ADD of REMOVE the selected TAGs, but it's not working. With one of more of the Available TAGs on the left side selected, nothing happens when ADD is clicked, so it's impossible to associated a TAG with the item. Using Freeform doesn't work either. This problem is happening with K2, ver 2.67. running Joomla 3,1.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120521 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: K2 Item TAG selection not working
Hello,

There seems to be an issue with this tagging method for Joomla! 3.1.5 and Joomla! 3.2.
Thank you for your feedback on that.
Please use the Free tagging method instead until further notice.

Thank you.

More
10 years 10 months ago #120522 by Fred
Replied by Fred on topic Re: K2 Item TAG selection not working
Thank you for the quick response, and insight. I'll quite trying to get the TAG select to work until a new version of K2 is released. Unfortunately, the Free tagging (with auto complete) doesn't work for me either. With Free tagging enabled, I get a blank box for entering TAGs, When I enter a known tag, I don't get any sort of auto complete, and when I press return/enter, I get a calendar popup. When I try to save, with a known tag entered into the TAG input box, the TAG is not saved with the K2 item.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120523 by Yiota
That's strange. Free tagging doesn't have any issues either in 3.1.5 or 3.2. When you type to use an existing tag does it load right under the field? Have you noticed if your page has any javascript errors?

More
10 years 10 months ago #120524 by Fred
Nothing loads when I enter an existing tag into the TAG Input Box. With Firebox, the following error is reported: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'safari' of undefined coming from jquery-ui-min.js

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #120525 by Josh Wilkinson
Replied by Josh Wilkinson on topic Re: K2 Item TAG selection not working
I started a thread on this because I did not see yours first but I am having the exact same Issue. However free based tagging is working for me. Is there any time frame on when the selection based tagging is going to be fixed in joomla 3.2?

Thanks,

Josh

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120526 by Yiota
@Fred

The error you are getting may be because of another plugin (extra) you are loading in your backend.

@ Josh W

I'm afraid I cannot give any timeframe at the time being.

More
10 years 10 months ago #120527 by Fred
Here's a link that provides a work-around/fix for the issue of free tagging not working with K2/Jooomla 3.

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/171891-SOLVED-Bug-In-joomla-3-Tag--Calendar

It fixed by issue for now.

More
10 years 9 months ago #120528 by Cyana
Replied by Cyana on topic Re: K2 Item TAG selection not working
I'm having the same problem (free and selection based tagging). However I noticed something I want to share because it might be helpful - it works in modal windows, so when you enter an article/item on your front page, it works as expected.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 9 months ago #120529 by Yiota
I'm afraid that this happens because there is a conflict in the backend that doesn't exist in the frontend.