Keyword

White screen with Joomla 2.5.17 & K2 2.6.8 (dev)

• Gaby Ferman
  • Gaby Ferman's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #123603 by Gaby Ferman
Hi,

I keep getting a white screen when i try to save an item. I read some stuff accross the forum and that's why i installed the 2.6.8 developer version of K2, at first i was using 2.6.7.

I've reinstalled K2 while i was using 2.6.7, and that didn't work.

And i get this notification with joomla error reporting on developer level (i tried it with maximum level but nothing showed)

Strict Standards: Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with that of JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in /home/arhitac/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/parameter.php on line 0

I have to say that this error appears on the edit screen. On the white screen (after saving) nothing appears, and while the items do get save it's really annoying to get the white screen everytime (since is a component that my clients use a lot).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123604 by Yiota
Hello Gary,

Do you get this in the frontend or the backend of your site while editing?
Do you also get it on add a new item?

More
10 years 8 months ago #123605 by James Wiseman
Replied by James Wiseman on topic Re: White screen with Joomla 2.5.17 & K2 2.6.8 (dev)
Hi there,

Can I hijack this thread and say that I am also getting the same issue, using 2.6.8 (dev), and Joomla 3.2.1.

It happens on the administrator side, and happens every time I try to save a content item. Obviously, refreshing the item just tries to resubmit the form (save the item edit). However, if I just go to the default administrator home page, the item has saved and there's no other problems.

I installed the 2.6.8 dev version, as I'd foolishly installed J3.2.1 without reading that there was a compatibility issue with K2 2.6.7.

I think it must be a K2 issue, as the rest of the Joomla site works fine.

It's a virgin install, not an upgrade.

Hopefully there is a solution as it's a client site, and it's due to be handed over at the end of the week! ;-o

Thanks,

James

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123606 by Yiota
Do you get the same error in your white page as Gary does or something else?

More
10 years 8 months ago #123607 by James Wiseman
Replied by James Wiseman on topic Re: White screen with Joomla 2.5.17 & K2 2.6.8 (dev)
Hi Yiota,

Thanks for the reply.

The error I'm getting is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JDocumentError::countModules() in /var/sites/w/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/public_html/j3/administrator/templates/isis/error.php on line 216

Which would seem to indicate a conflict withe the isis template somehow?

Thanks,

James

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: Do you get the same error in your white page as Gary does or something else?

More
10 years 8 months ago #123608 by James Wiseman
Further to this, tried to change some settings in Isis, in a vain hope that it changed something.

Now, when try to save K2 items, I get:

**An error has occurred.**
0 DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (**2014-01-21 16:14:32**) at position 0 (*): Unexpected character

Note that this DOESN'T happen if I try to create a Joomla article.

:(

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123609 by Yiota
Try to do this and see if your issue persists.

In Joomla Admin area go to Extension Manager > Discover (side bar nav)
Click on the "Discover" button at the top.
Find all of the K2 files that weren't installed and select them. Click on "Install" button at the top.
Go back to Extension Manager > Install
Reinstall the K2 SVN version zip file on top of your old installation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #123610 by James Wiseman
Hi Yiota,

I did what you suggested. I did find three josetta related extensions in there, and installed and activated those.

I also re-installed the dev build, synchronised K2 files via FTP (just to make sure there were none missing), and checked every other part of my setup (even experimented going back to PHP5.3 just in case.

All to no avail - I'm still getting the blank page. It's so frustrating because it's obviously something I can't ignore, nor can my client.

When I enable maximum error reporting, the error which keeps coming up is a variation of:

DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (**2014-01-21 17:39:24**) at position 0 (*): Unexpected character

A quick google seems to indicate this is something to do with an incompatiblity of date formats (UK vs. American for example), but I can't find anything else.

I'm really reluctant to go back to a J2.5.17 install, since ity's taken me hours and hours to set everything up on J3.2.1, and every other part of the site works perfectly. Aaaarrrgggh!!

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: Try to do this and see if your issue persists.

In Joomla Admin area go to Extension Manager > Discover (side bar nav)
Click on the "Discover" button at the top.
Find all of the K2 files that weren't installed and select them. Click on "Install" button at the top.
Go back to Extension Manager > Install
Reinstall the K2 SVN version zip file on top of your old installation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #123611 by Yiota
Make sure to install with a fresh K2 SVN version. Download it again today and install it again.

More
10 years 8 months ago #123612 by James Wiseman
By Jove, I think I've fixed it! :)

I tried reinstalling the latest dev version of 2.6.8, but I still had exactly the same error.

In desperation I then uninstalled K2, and reinstalled it. When I then did a filtered search for K2 items, I discoverd I had two (or in some cases three!) versions of some of the plugins and modules, only one of each which were 2.6.8,

I then uninstalled all K2 items again, but this time I manually went through all the Joomla folders and files. Sure enough, the K2 XML files were still present in several areas (modules, plugins etc).

I deleted these, reinstalled 2.6.8 dev, cleared the cache, ran admin tools, did a 'discover' to make sure there were no 'orphaned' K2 files, and crossed my fingers.

Success! I can now create and edit an item, and save without errors or white pages.

I've probably been a it stupid, however it never occurred to me that after uninstalling the files, there could still be some left behind, especially on a 'virgin' install of J3.2.1. You live and learn! :blush:

Thanks for your help - Much appreciated! :)