Keyword

Κ2 category problem

• George
  • George's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #124150 by George
Κ2 category problem was created by George
So i am trying to figure out how to delete the whole category image (category.png) and the title from my website i currently occupie. Whate is the source file i need to edit, i've been searching for hours.

www.afrolex.gr

I also want how can i make the resulit i have in "αρχική" when i create a category and subcategories, whatever image i put it resizes it and make a huge light blue background block. Is there some code i can change so the sub-categories in the category can only be images? No borders, no blocks? That would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #124151 by Swikar Patel
Replied by Swikar Patel on topic Re: Κ2 category problem
I got the same searching for 7 hours. Can't find

How to set up images? for example team member on website

Tell me here in K2 categories

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124152 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Κ2 category problem
You can disable the category image from the category's parameters in order to simply not show.

You can also disable the placeholder image from showing by the K2 settings under Image tab.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• George
More
10 years 8 months ago #124153 by George
Replied by George on topic Re: Κ2 category problem

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: You can disable the category image from the category's parameters in order to simply not show.

You can also disable the placeholder image from showing by the K2 settings under Image tab.

Can you please tell me what file i can change? K2.css? If i want to change the title for example, where can I find the code?

Can you tell me if there is a way to make the sub-categories look exactly like the itemsi have now on the home page? (www.afrolex.gr)

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124154 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Κ2 category problem
Yes, the styles for K2 are located in the k2.css. This however depends on the template you are using and if you have chosen for the k2.css to be loading from the K2 parameters.

You can choose to show only the sub-category image for this and just upload it in the category's image tab. You will have to check the image's size from the K2 parameters before uploading in order to be the same.

• George
More
10 years 8 months ago #124155 by George

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: Yes, the styles for K2 are located in the k2.css. This however depends on the template you are using and if you have chosen for the k2.css to be loading from the K2 parameters.

You can choose to show only the sub-category image for this and just upload it in the category's image tab. You will have to check the image's size from the K2 parameters before uploading in order to be the same.

If you could help a little more it would be great, i created a different menu and i upload the same image but still has the white square around the image, I unchecked the box and reloaded the image still the image not showing full.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124156 by Yiota
Have you changed the category image size in the K2 parameters before uploading the image?

Is there a page I could see the result?

Thanks

• George
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124157 by George

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: Have you changed the category image size in the K2 parameters before uploading the image?

Is there a page I could see the result?

Thanks

Here, try to be more specific please, i am quite new to K2 i also want to remove the Show more title (Προβολή άρθρων..)

Update: Now they colliding. Any help :dry:

www.afrolex.gr/test

• George
More
10 years 8 months ago #124158 by George
I am trying to remove the title of Subcategory and the show more in subcategory? I have it Hide but nothing.
Can you please tell me where exactly i can turn these options off?

Fro the previus matter, i put the span.catItemImage img {width:100% !important;} in the k2.css and fix it.

Also when i hover the subcategory items they move.
Can you please check it for me?

/* --- Sub-category block --- */
div.itemListSubCategories {}
div.itemListSubCategories h3 {}
div.subCategoryContainer {float:left;}
div.subCategoryContainerLast {} /* this class is appended to the last container on each row of items (useful when you want to set 0 padding/margin to the last container) */
div.subCategory {background:/*#f7fafe*/;border:0px solid #ddd;/*margin:4px;*/padding:4px;}
div.subCategory a.subCategoryImage,
span.catItemImage img {width:100% !important;}
div.subCategory a.subCategoryImage:hover {text-align:center;display:block;}
div.subCategory a.subCategoryImage img,
span.catItemImage img {width:100% !important;}
div.subCategory a.subCategoryImage:hover img {/*background:#fff*/;padding:4px;border:1px solid #ddd;/*margin:0 8px 0 0;*/}
div.subCategory h2 {}
div.subCategory h2 a {}
div.subCategory h2 a:hover {}
div.subCategory p {}

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124159 by Yiota
Make sure that you are Disabling the sub-category's options from the right category and that it is not inheriting any settings from another category.

The link you have provided is now resulting in 404 error. Could you please provide the correct link so I can check it out?

Thank you.