Frontend Issues

• goble
  • goble's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #124324 by goble
Frontend Issues was created by goble
Hi everybody,

Am actually using K2 v2.6.5 on J3.2.1, a few issues:

1. When I access a item details from the front-end and then I click on the image, the pop up shows the loading icon but the image does not show. This problem only occurs with IE 11, no problem with FF 26.0. If instead of (left) clicking the image, I right click on the image and select open in new tab, the item appears in a new tab without any problem. I have checked the size of the image and it's less than 100Kb.

2. Is there a way to show the show the Read More automatically in front end like in the format below (when creating an item)?

Short Description goes here
Read More
Full Description goes here

the problem is that frontend users will not automatically know that they have to insert 'read more' so that they can specify full description of the item.

3. During upload of picture in frontend (when creating an item), there is no sign that the user has to wait. Like a loading icon in the browser or as pop up. This brings the issue that users will click on 'Save' several times which will create multiple k2 items.

Many thanks for all your inputs!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #124325 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Frontend Issues
Your K2 version is old and needs to be updated in order to work with Joomla! 3.2.1.
You have to install the K2 2.6.8 SVN version from here: getk2.org/assets/get/
This will probably solve all your issues.

Don't forget to get a full site backup before installing.
Also, if you are using template overrides you might need to check them, too, since there might be differences between versions.

• goble
More
10 years 7 months ago #124326 by goble
Replied by goble on topic Re: Frontend Issues
Hello many thanks for your mail,

I have installed the v2.6.8 (Dev Build)

Point 1 was solved.

Point 2: No change. As mentioned frontend users will not automatically know that they have to insert 'read more' so that they can specify full description of the item after that.

Point 3: The browser indicates that it is loading but is there an option to show the loading process in the popup itself (while saving the item in the front end) ?

Many thanks!

More
10 years 7 months ago #124327 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Frontend Issues
Hi. Regarding your questions:

1. I don't get what you mean exactly. Are you talking about item editing page? If yes, the answer is that you should tell your users to use the read more button.

2. No there is no process indicator. The browser is loading and users should wait.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• goble
More
10 years 6 months ago #124328 by goble
Hello,

Thanks for your help

For pt. 2 : It is not really an issue since user can include long description and only part of it (About 1st 10 words) will be displayed in category view whereas full description will be displayed in Detail view.

For pt 3 : With Chrome and FF, yes there is the browser indicator that will let user know that he has to wait, But in IE (11.0), there is no indicator. So users using IE might be tempted to click several times on 'Save' which will bring to duplicated items.

Moreover, I need to remove hereunder when creating / editing item in front-end:
1. option 'TITLE ALIAS (URL)'
2. Option to 'Browse Server' when uploading a picture
3. Buttons like EDIT, INSERT, Bold Etc...
4. 'Image gallery', 'Media', 'Extra Fields' and 'Attachments' Tabs
5. Mention of 'K2_YOU_ARE_ALLOWED_TO Add items, Edit own items, Publish items'

More
10 years 6 months ago #124329 by Lefteris
The only things you can remove easily are some of the tabs. Go to K2 parameters and find the relevant settings. There you can hide some of the tags. The other things cannot be removed.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #124330 by vlada
Replied by vlada on topic Re: Frontend Issues
Hi,

Sorry for asking a question outside current discussion, but i think its better than posting new topic, since this is Frontend issue.

I am currently working on a poker blog, and when user tries to add item from front end which contains certain words, like "Poker", this message appears:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /poker/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

But when I do it from back end , its ok. As same user...

I tried changing permissions and settings for user group, but no luck.

Please help...

UPDATE:

I just triple checked, and when I remove word poker (or just one letter in word) from post, I can publish it no problem. There is some filter that prevents me from publishing posts with some words. I tried messing with SEF feature in K2 but no luck...

More
10 years 6 months ago #124331 by Lefteris
@vlada

K2 does not filter any words. Check for any other extension doing this. Also check your server setup ( .htaccess rules etc. ).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• goble
More
10 years 6 months ago #124332 by goble
Hi Lefteris Kavadas,

thanks for your message.

Is there anything I can do for Pt. 3 hereunder ?
For pt 3 : With Chrome and FF, yes there is the browser indicator that will let user know that he has to wait, But in IE (11.0), there is no indicator. So users using IE might be tempted to click several times on 'Save' which will bring to duplicated items.

I have been able to hide the tabs as you mentioned, but letting users browse the server in images tab is a bit frustrating for me, in case I cannot remove that option, can the default folder be changed from 'images' to something else ?

More
10 years 6 months ago #124333 by Lefteris
Regarding the loading indicator there is nothing you can do. Your users need to wait until the page refreshes and get a message. Regarding the image browser, K2 uses the setting you set in the core Joomla! media manager. So you can change the default directory from there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---