Keyword

Can't save Item image from the server or Upload

• Peter Jaroch
  • Peter Jaroch's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 4 months ago #128685 by Peter Jaroch
Hello,

Trying to google the problem for last couple of hours, And can't find solution.
The problem is that I can't upload an image or browse image from server.

Checked my error log and finding error in class.upload.php:

in error log i've found bellow once trying save item with an image:
PHP Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 7 in /var/www/html/ifdnrg_sites/nyamericangrill.co.uk/webroot/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 2950

PHP Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 7 in /var/www/html/ifdnrg_sites/nyamericangrill.co.uk/webroot/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 3004,

PHP Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 7 in /var/www/html/ifdnrg_sites/nyamericangrill.co.uk/webroot/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 3022,

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #128686 by Lefteris
Hi. This is an incompatibility of the upload class K2 is using under PHP 5.5 . Try to install the development version of K2 from getk2.org/assets/get .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 3 months ago #128687 by Diego Schmidt
Replied by Diego Schmidt on topic Re: Can't save Item image from the server or Upload
I'm using the development version and having the same problems, folder flags are ok but can't upload from k2 frontend.

More
10 years 3 months ago #128688 by Lefteris
Hi. This occurs only in PHP 5.5 version. It is caused by the class K2 is using to perform file uploads. We have already fixed this. You can see the commit at github.com/joomlaworks/k2/commit/e5ea56e4d1923404a085ea463e4d1632e4c4659f . Grab a fresh copy of the development version from getk2.org/assets/get and the issue should be fixed.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 3 months ago #128689 by Diego Schmidt
Replied by Diego Schmidt on topic Re: Can't save Item image from the server or Upload
I've updated to the last dev build, the problem is still there

More
10 years 3 months ago #128690 by Lefteris
@Diego Schmidt

Are you getting the same errors as Peter Jaroch? Don;t mix things up with javascript errors. These errors are caused due to PHP updates. The development version fixed them for me. Are you still getting these errors?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 3 months ago #128691 by Diego Schmidt
Nope, not exactly, sorry for mixing things up.

More
10 years 3 months ago #128692 by Godber Kraas
Replied by Godber Kraas on topic Re: Can't save Item image from the server or Upload
Sorry, I have the same problem and I was searching all the net for weeks. I posted my sorrow in the GermanCommunity (cause my English is not so good), but got no answer.
I have the same mistakes / errors as descripted above. In the error logs I found the descripted class.upload.php mistake.
As told here I copied the K2-Develop-Kit, downloaded this evening, into the directory via ftp.
It seems that there was a change, because the editing backend of K2-articles has another outfit.
But sorry, there is no change in function. I cannot upload an image at the items image tab. Everytime I do it, the system message ist good (File saved), but no image.
I dont know, what to do....

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #128693 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Can't save Item image from the server or Upload
is host using PHP 5.5 as well?
Which version of Joomla! are you using?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #128694 by Godber Kraas
Replied by Godber Kraas on topic Re: Can't save Item image from the server or Upload
Hi.
The German Hoster Strato offered PHP 5.5, so I use that. (Otherwise it could only be 5.3)
My Joomla-Version ist 3.3.0

Now I tried to edit an K2-Article. The Title-Row ist empty! I cannot edit this. When I save the article, it looks correct in the frontend and in the article-list, but there is no title - what's that?
So I made an new article - and the title isn't seen in the backend - but i can see it in the frontend an in the articlelist. Mystiourios ....
It seems to relate to the Develop-Version of K2, these attitude appears since updating.