reCAPTCHA shows but does nothing

• Eugen
  • Eugen's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #133287 by Eugen
reCAPTCHA shows but does nothing was created by Eugen
Hello,
I am on K2 v2.6.8.
- Other ReCaptcha plugins are disabled (Captcha - ReCaptcha, Captcha - Joo ReCaptcha).
- Site Settings Default Captcha = None
- User Manager Options Captcha = None
- K2 Parameters Comments Anti-spam protection = Google recaptcha
- K2 Parameters Comments Advanced Anti-spam Settings reCaptcha public key and reCaptcha private key are set properly, double checked.

Still, when trying to post a comment happens nothing, no errors. With reCAPTCHA disabled comments are posted just fine.

Example here: www.principiuldivin.md/ro/blog/mersul-la-biserica-nu-te-face-mai-credincios

Any ideas what am i missing or need to fix?

Thanks a lot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #133288 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: reCAPTCHA shows but does nothing
Hi. This is probably cause by your template. As you can see the message is printed when the system template is used : www.principiuldivin.md/ro/blog/mersul-la-biserica-nu-te-face-mai-credincios?template=system . Check your template's CSS. Probably the message is printed but your styles are hiding it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Eugen
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #133289 by Eugen
Replied by Eugen on topic Re: reCAPTCHA shows but does nothing
I actually just tried using system template, and the result is same, upon clicking the submit button nothing happens, no error, no success.
I hope you understood correctly my issue, the reCAPTCHA shows fine, just nothing happens upon trying to submit the comment.

• Eugen
More
9 years 11 months ago #133290 by Eugen
Just enabled display of K2 reCAPTCHA on registration page, (www.principiuldivin.md/component/users/?view=registration) tried to register, filled all fields properly and got the "Could not open socket" error, so there must be something wrong with K2 reCPTCHA.

More
9 years 11 months ago #133291 by Lefteris
Nothing is wrong with K2. Your template is causing this. The message is printed in white color and that's why you don't see it since the background is also white.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Eugen
More
9 years 11 months ago #133292 by Eugen
Hi again,
I have simply made commenting available for registered users only, they don't need captcha checks.

Now i have another issue, i enabled display of K2 reCAPTCHA on registration page, (www.principiuldivin.md/component/users/?view=registration) the form is submitted fine because i get the famous "Could not open socket" error, so there must be something wrong with K2 reCPTCHA.

I have tested also the native Joomla's reCAPTCHA plugin and it give the "Could not open socket" error as well. I heard Google has done some changes to its reCAPTCHA recently. Any ideas what should i fix?

I could use some other spam registration prevention plugin, but i ma tied to K2 registration form, and not many plugins out there work with K2's registration form, so i need to fix it.

Thank you.

More
9 years 11 months ago #133293 by Lefteris
K2 reCAPTCHA was working in the comments page so i don't find why it is not in the registration page. Probably you are using the Joomla! reCAPCTHA there. If that's the case ensure that your Joomla! version is up to date.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Eugen
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #133294 by Eugen
Are you sure you aren't confusing my thread with someone's thread? Are you sure one can use Joomla native captcha on K2 registration form? If so - how? Right now I'm surely using K2 registration form instead of Joomla, thus I'm using K2 reCAPTCHA instead of Joomla's, and I'm getting the "Could not open socket" error. Try yourself please.

'I'm sure it's not that much about the template, because i have tried Joomla registration form with Joomla captcha, and i get the "Could not open socket" error as well.

Thanks.

More
9 years 11 months ago #133295 by Lefteris
So, have you changed something ? I just tested your registration page and reCAPTCHA seems to work fine. I got "Cuvintele pe care le-ati tastat nu se potrivesc cu cele afişate. Vă rugăm să încercaţi din nou" .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Eugen
More
9 years 11 months ago #133296 by Eugen
That's right, it works now, and i haven't changed anything, it loos like the "Could not open socket" error was caused by hosting issues.
So it's good for now. Thank you!