K2 and JomSocial Integration

• Jerry Garner
  • Jerry Garner's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #57108 by Jerry Garner
K2 and JomSocial Integration was created by Jerry Garner
I followed the instructions discussed here:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/jomsocial-and-k2-profile

I installed the update to integrate K2 with Jomsocial. Everything worked fine except that it is causing me some alignment issues. My ratings has drop down way low and is now in the start of the article, and my Author name should be in line with the font size selector. I'll attach an image to give you a better idea.

I'm sure a simple css change is all that is needed to correct this. Hoping someone has dealt with this and can give me a nudge in the right direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #57109 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 and JomSocial Integration
Please post a link if your site is live

• Jerry Garner
More
12 years 11 months ago #57110 by Jerry Garner
Replied by Jerry Garner on topic Re: K2 and JomSocial Integration
www.scores.fm

Open pretty much any article to see what I mean. If you would like to compare it to how it should look, you can use this example:

demo.gavick.com/joomla15/sep2010/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=12:sergio-aguero-transfer-rumours-to-italy&Itemid=102

I had also opened a support ticket with Gavick to ask about this. They asked me to try adding this to my css:

.itemToolbar {
float: left;
}

Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick.

The good news is that as along as I revert the com_k2 folder back, everything goes back to the way it use to be, so I can always save myself if necessary. But I'd really like to have these profiles synced up in some way.

• Jerry Garner
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #57111 by Jerry Garner
Replied by Jerry Garner on topic Re: K2 and JomSocial Integration
I did eventually manage to get this fixed via css, sort of. It's not exactly as it should be, but it's close enough to get by I guess.

I have to say that it is incredibly disappointing that after several years JoomlaWorks still have not built a good integration for K2 and Jomsocial. This one that was endorsed breaks any custom css the template may use, and that will effect pretty much any joomla site.

And on top of that it's only a partial integration. For example, user comments still do not go onto the person's activity stream, and it looks like the only way to correct that is to ditch the K2 comments system and replace it with another. Articles posted by authors also do not appear in their activity stream, which seems like a glaring oversight. In short, this integration that was endorsed isn't even really an integration at all.

I guess the only good thing I can say about it is that K2 is free. Had I paid for this I would want my money back. Honestly, is this the best that can be done after 4 years?

More
12 years 10 months ago #57112 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 and JomSocial Integration
Check the jomsocial site for a new k2 integration, i saw a tweet today about it, and it is listed in the jed as just posted

More
12 years 10 months ago #57113 by stavroch
Replied by stavroch on topic Re: K2 and JomSocial Integration
I follow the instructions from -http://community.getk2.org/forum/topics/jomsocial-and-k2-profile
and the - jooblogs.com (which has been closed)

What I want to do is one you click on the user profile from one k2 item to go on their jomsocial profile and not in the listing of their k2 items.

Now when you click on the author name of k2 item you go on the www.XXXX.net/blog/user-name but I want to go on the www.XXXX.net/user-name