Keyword

How to relate two K2 categories

• Garzarath
  • Garzarath's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #57341 by Garzarath
How to relate two K2 categories was created by Garzarath
Hi this is something I miss on K2 and I really need for my next project. Maybe there is a way or a plugin that allow this.

Imagine we have two K2 categories: Companies and Projects. Both using full K2 stuff: Texts, Images, extended fields, galleries, tags,…

Projects are done by (belongs to) companies, so I would like to establish a relation between a company and its projects.

When I show the company item view, I would like to have at the bottom a list of its projects. When I click in a project it will take me to the project Item view.

Please, I really appreciate if someone knows how to do this and help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 11 months ago #57342 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: How to relate two K2 categories
Hi Garzarath,

Is this what you want ?

Eg: When user is viewing and item page from the Company category, you want to show links to an item from the Project category ?

If that is the case, you can use the tag feature by adding same tags to both the items. Then in the item view options setting of the Company category , set to show the related item by tags.

K2 Rocks \m/

More
12 years 11 months ago #57343 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Re: How to relate two K2 categories
Can I do this with a module? I wanted to have a page with 3 modules on it. A case study, a testimonial, and perhaps some project images or something.

I want the modules to call things relating to each other, and ideally I want to put one module for each thing rather than a new module for each project.

So I could tag all the testimonials with the right word, I could tag all the case studies (in a different category) with the right word), etc. But how can I make all the modules pull them together from that tag?

AND is there a way to choose to make modules dependant on another. For example if I choose a random case study, can I make the testimonials and such appear in conjunction?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 11 months ago #57344 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: How to relate two K2 categories
Hi,

You had me at hello.. :D

i don't really understand what you're trying to achieve here, sorry.

K2 Rocks \m/

More
12 years 10 months ago #57345 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Re: How to relate two K2 categories
lol sorry, hello.

I want to have a random article chosen from my portfolio. This will be a case study.

When it calls this article, I want to put modules on one side. Testimonials, and features.

Then I want it to know when it calls "project A" as the random article, to put the testimonial from project A and the features from Project A.

I know I can relate them all using tags, but if one is selected randomly... that's where I get lost!