Keyword

K2 and mootools

More
12 years 11 months ago #57574 by James Royal
Replied by James Royal on topic Re: K2 and mootools
Hi
My site has so many plugins,
System - Mootools Upgrade - system mtupgrade - System - K2 - System - Mootools Control - System - JCH_Optimize plus others which I have NO IDEA what they do

One Idea =

If you plan to use mootool upgrade plugin (J1.5.x and K2 v2.5.1), make sure it is the first one of system plugins and jquery is second.

Second idea =

You could simply change the order of plugins, setting System - K2 plugin AFTER System - Mootools Upgrade

Moving and switching these on & off just messed up my Kunena menus and most font sizes

The simple option was just =Disable K2 jquery loading from parameters.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #57575 by SDKiller
Replied by SDKiller on topic Re: K2 and mootools

James wrote: Hi
My site has so many plugins,
... which I have NO IDEA what they do

Not a good idea to install something you even don't know what is it intended for.

Russian K2 support on joomlaforum.ru

More
12 years 10 months ago #57576 by James Royal
When i said = I have NO IDEA what they do = I meant =Exactly the effect they have on other components’.

I have now found out that the KIDE Shout box component does not work then a "item" is viewed, but it works in "category" view, the K2 is blocking/stopping a Ajex script.

Disabling the K2 jquery made the Kunena forum work but what now

Everything was working fine before the upgrade, so what other scripts did it add/change ??

More
12 years 10 months ago #57577 by James Royal
I have to switch the K2 admin logo because it disabled the Control Panel eg; ALL the joomla stuff

You state that the Dashboard has been remove in this version so why is it still on my sites ??