Keyword

K2 Parameters, Save button doesn't apply changes

More
12 years 11 months ago #57705 by Will
When you go to make changes in the Parameters window, a modal, the image depresses as it should, but does not submit, apply the settings, nor closes the window close.

Worked before updating from K2 2.4

Currently Have: k2 2.5 on Joomla 1.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #57706 by Robert Parker
Replied by Robert Parker on topic Re: K2 Parameters, Save button doesn't apply changes
I have the same issue on two sites currently. One was a fresh install on Joomla 1.521 and the other an upgrade install on 1.523. Same exact issue as described above. Fix anyone?

More
12 years 11 months ago #57707 by Chris
If you're using IE (Internet Explorer), are you getting an error on the bottom left? I have encountered this issue on all buttons "Save" "Apply" and "Cancel" as well as saving in parameter windows. This all happens in the back-end.

If this sounds like the problem you are currently having, check out my thread that I started up a few days ago and have been discussing with WIlliam, hopefully a solution is found. I have been searching online and I found your thread so I thought we might be having the same problem

The link below is to my thread regarding this problem:
getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first%21/1172-Allow-users-to-post-articles-from-Front-End

I have provided some detailed notes regarding the problem i'm having so feel free to check it out.

Good Luck!

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

More
12 years 10 months ago #57708 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic K2 Parameters Save Fail - Probable Cause
I was having the same issue. I have Jomsocial installed.

After systematically disabling ALL enabled plugins on my test site, and enabling one at a time, I narrowed down the culprit to the Jomsocial Update system plugin. It looks like this plugin simply polls to see if the currently installed version is up to date. Disabling this plugin enabled the Save button to work as it should.

This probably isn't the only plugin conflict that can cause this problem, but I'm pretty sure at this point the general reason for Save failure is due to some similar conflict.

More
11 years 1 month ago #57709 by Florian
Hello,

here is the same issue. When i try to save the K2-parameters by hitting the sav button, nothing is saved. The settings panel is shown in the popup window (smaller panel). When hitting the save button this panel shows the Joomla configuration site.

I use Joomla 2.5.14 and K2 2.6.7. I tried disabling every plugin but had no success. As a result I canot integrate recaptchs...

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks, best regards

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #57710 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Re: K2 Parameters, Save button doesn't apply changes
sounds like a jquerie-problem. as i took v1.8.2-lokal, the problems gone. you find it in k2-options, first tab.

More
11 years 1 month ago #57711 by Florian
Hey,

yes, but the problem is I can not save any jQuery settings ;)
Is there anyway to do in some database or file locations?

More
11 years 1 month ago #57712 by Florian
In the frontend source code I can see:
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6/jquery.min.js"></script>

In the backend sourcecode I can see:
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js"></script>
<script src="/media/system/js/core.js"></script>
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js"></script>
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="/media/k2/assets/js/k2.noconflict.js"></script>
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
<script src="/media/k2/assets/js/k2.js?v=2.6.7&amp;sitepath=/"></script>
<script src="/media/system/js/modal.js"></script>
<script>

What can be going wrong here?