Keyword

extra fields translation with Joomfish

• Massimo Marchetto
  • Massimo Marchetto's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58047 by Massimo Marchetto
extra fields translation with Joomfish was created by Massimo Marchetto
I have a category with extrafields in a multilingual website (K2 2.4 + K2 2.5). I used "k2 extrafields" to translate the extrafields names. Then, when I open the "K2 Item" for translation, I find this in the field to edit:
[{"id":"1","value":""},{"id":"2","value":""}]
As "value" the html code of the tables I have edited in the italian version.
Any idea about how to have a correct input form to translate extra fields?
TNX!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #58048 by Hugo
Hello Massimo, any luck on this issue? i'm with the same problem, and like me (by the forums i have searched) no one has an objective answer on this particular subject.

Best Regards,
Hugo

• Antonio
  • Stai Hungry, Stay Foolish!
More
10 years 5 months ago #58049 by Antonio
Replied by Antonio on topic Re: extra fields translation with Joomfish
Hello,

I think I've found the problem and the solution.

The problem is inside the view, and only there. When the value is echoed, it contains double quotes, and here comes the struggle:
<input class="inputbox" type="text" name="refField_<?php echo $field->Name;?>" size="<?php echo $length;?>" value="<?php echo $translationContent->value; ?>" "<?php echo $maxLength;?>"/>

so the browser, at the first occurrency of " into the value, close the property, trunking the value.

What is the solution? Changing double quotes with a single quote at the row 272 of the /views/translate/tmpl/edit.php file as follow:
<input class="inputbox" type="text" name="refField_<?php echo $field->Name;?>" size="<?php echo $length;?>" value='<?php echo $translationContent->value; ?>' "<?php echo $maxLength;?>"/>

Just a small change :)

I've still a little problem with multiple extra fields, that are not correctly displayed into the front end side, but I hope to solve also that problem soon.

I hope that this solution can be helpful to someone else.

Antonio Cicirelli

Deploying optimal ecommerce solutions at www.ideacommerce.it