Keyword

CSVdata : a CSS to replace words by icons

• Julien Deshayes
  • Julien Deshayes's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #58060 by Julien Deshayes
CSVdata : a CSS to replace words by icons was created by Julien Deshayes
Hello world !
I'm new, I say hello to all. And thx in advance for your help.

I've managed so far in styling my charts : you know, those created with CSV itemFeature in extra fields
I've succeeded with those classes :

div.itemExtraFields tr
div.itemExtraFields th
div.itemExtraFields table

but it looks I can't go further now : I'd like to replace text of my chart by icons, just by using CSS class.
I know it's possible, read here : stopdesign.com/archive/2003/03/07/replace-text.html
What I'm trying to create is a chart of one product with different features, depending of the vendors. Those feature needs to be represented by icons, so that the chart is more graphic and explicit for a quicklook.

Maybe I don't create the proper class, or just don't use the correct argument, nothing I've done so far works.

I will have later, more question on CSS styling, but that will be another thread... but maybe there is a cookbook of K2's styling usage and classes somewhere that could help me.

If you have ideas on this, please let me know
big thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #58061 by David Green
Replied by David Green on topic Re: CSVdata : a CSS to replace words by icons
Hi
I am interested in this as well

You may want to read this article which rates different sollutions - you will see that none are perfect using CSS only

I think that to do this properly would require a javascript solution but where this would be installed and how to call it in an article I dont know - I supppose this would need to be done as a plugin

All the best
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.