Keyword

problem with "read more" and "word count"

• shenkwen
  • shenkwen's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58116 by shenkwen
this is probably related to some other concepts, hope someone could give me a full explanation or some useful links.

1. first of all, the word count doesn't work on oriental characters, that is, no matter how long the texts are, they all counted as 1 word if there are only oriental characters in it. Now I'm not sure if this is a K2 issue, if it's not, please just tell me that and I'll try to find answers else where.

2. Since "word count" doesn't work, I was trying to use system "read more" button to divide my article and make it show intro text only on frontpage. When read more link is clicked, the article shows in a totally different css style. can someone explain how this happens?

3. What I understood is if there is a "read more" inserted, then the text before it is considered introtext, and the whole text is considered fulltext. Am I correct? And what if there isn't a "read more" button? Guess there is not gonna be intro text, but only fulltext. But it turns out not to be like this. If there is no "read more" button inserted,the whole context is considered introtext and there will be no fulltext. Is that right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.