Keyword

How do i activate my user.php template override

• Tracey
  • Tracey's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58179 by Tracey
Hi, I would like to override the user.php file. I already have other overrides working and have a user.php override in place, however I'm stumped as how to activate my new user.php template override.

I am using the new k2 user module to display the default links that come with that module after a user logs into the site. One of the links is called "My Page" which when clicked opens the page controlled by the user.php file. I cannot find an option anywhere in the backend to activate the template override for user.php.

Is there an option somewhere I'm missing that is similar to choosing a template override in categories? It seems there should be an option in the backend k2 parameters under "Layout & view options for user (author) pages" to choose an override but unfortunately there isn't.

Does anyone have any idea how I could activate my override for user.php? Thanks

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #58180 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Re: How do i activate my user.php template override
Hi.

This is not done via the backend admin like you can in the modules but via file overrides. Follow the instructions here:
getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/item/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

@olivierk

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Tracey
  • Tracey's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58181 by Tracey
Hi Olivier,

Thanks so much. I don't know how I missed that, I've looked at that page half a dozen times and totally missed the file structure. After reading the page again I saw where I went wrong. I had my user.php file in the same template folder as my category and item file overrides. I simply had to pull the file and put it in com_k2 and now the override works perfectly.

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0