Keyword

How to show K2 featured items from X on a Y site?

More
12 years 11 months ago #58186 by kloud
Hi my friends, I have two sites an i want to show K2 featured items from First Site in another site like module and how can i do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #58187 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How to show K2 featured items from X on a Y site?
Do your sites share a database? Please be more specific about your setup and versions of both joomla and k2

More
12 years 11 months ago #58188 by kloud
on both sites ar joomla 1.5 and k2 2.41 releases.
I have not shared databases.

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #58189 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Re: How to show K2 featured items from X on a Y site?
Hi.

Unless you share a dababase, you might want to look at subscribing to RSS feed from site X by site Y using something like Simple RSS Feed reader (www.joomlaworks.gr/content/view/20/42/) then maybe massage the feed with some Yahoo Pipes (to extract the Featured items).

Interesting project :-)

@olivierk

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
12 years 11 months ago #58190 by kloud
thanks my friends, RSS is good for me how I see.
I have not used it before and I didn't know how it works.

More
12 years 10 months ago #58191 by kloud
I have one new question. can someone tell me which module can show rss feed in horizontal and vertical orientation with your choise and + can show this feeds in random?

• Muhammad Shoaib Ali
  • Infinity is something we cannot calculate yet.
More
12 years 10 months ago #58192 by Muhammad Shoaib Ali
Replied by Muhammad Shoaib Ali on topic Re: How to show K2 featured items from X on a Y site?
I did something like this for one of my clients like 2-3 years ago hence I am a bit blank. He was using a CRM system that we linked with a local database using cloud computing.

However for joomla you can do the same using some multi site extensions. You would however have to have a different category for your featured items which you would move to your paticular category when they are not featured anymore otherwise the database sync would pull all items from that category.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/multiple-sites/5550

You can also write codes in the 2 SQL you want to link for featured articles in order to pull and synk information to each other...however you would face problems with the image sizes you use on each paticular website...but if these image sizes are the same then all good...

The only reason why we say something is infinity is because we cannot calculate it yet…and there are some things we will never be able to calculate.