Keyword

How to disable item list in category view?

• Charles
  • Charles's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58198 by Charles
I'm planning a site with multi-level categories. In the top-level category, it requires to display a sub-category list ONLY. From the second-level categories, items are allowed to be displayed in the category view.

After examining all the hide/show options, I still couldn't disable the item list in the top-level category view. Could someone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #58199 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Re: How to disable item list in category view?
Hi.

I'm not sure I fully understand... Do you mean something like this: www.yanaku.com/all-topics where you list just the available sub-categories? If so, yes it can be done...Let me know and I'll show you how to do it.

@olivierk

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Charles
  • Charles's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 11 months ago #58200 by Charles
Yes, it's a very good example, even with the author and comment options off as I also need to do. Please show me how. Thanks!

More
12 years 10 months ago #58201 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Re: How to disable item list in category view?
Create a top parent category and match the screenshot on that top category.

Attachment not found

Then, create a menu item of type K2 category, and point it to "top"

@olivierk

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com
Attachments: